become an editor
the entire directory
only in Small_Bodies/Meteors
Science: Astronomy: Products and Services: Meteorites
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Meteorites
This category in other languages:
Andrei Ol'khovatov's Home Page
- Research on the 1908 Tunguska event, electrophonic sounds, and meteor phenomena.
Astronomy 161: Meteors and Meteor Showers
- Descriptions and explanations of what causes meteors, as well as the history of its study.
Cloudbait Observatory - Fireballs
- Fireball and meteor descriptions, reporting information, data on fireballs over Colorado.
Great Lakes Great Fire Meteorite
- New evidence links the simultaneous fires in Chicago, Peshtigo, and the entire Central portion of Michigan (from Lake Michigan to Lake Huron) to a meteorite fall.
The Infography about Meteor Showers
- Online and print resources recommended by an expert who specializes in research about meteor showers.
Jupiter Scientific: Leonids Meteor Shower
- What to expect, how to observe and history of the shower.
Jupiter Scientific: The Perseid Meteors
- Information, observation and history. Updated yearly in July.
Major Meteor Showers in 2010
- Main showers dates, when to watch and the phase of the moon.
- An interactive blog site dedicated to meteor showers, meteors and their origin.
- A forum for meteor observers of all levels. Mailing list, mailing list archives, FAQ, how to view meteor showers.
NASA's Leonid Multi-Instrument Aircraft Campaign
- Offers news, images and reports by a team observing meteor storms such as the Leonids and Perseids.
Observing Meteor Showers
- A guide to when to look for meteors.
University of Western Ontario: Meteor Physics Group
- Includes information on research activities.
Views of the Solar System: Meteoroids and Meteorites
- General information, data, pictures. Also features educator's guides to micrometeorites, impact craters and space debris.
- Encyclopedia article. Definitions, meteor showers, fireballs.
Sandia National Laboratories - Extraordinary meteor flash captured
- Images and description of a bright meteor event on August 15, 1999, recorded by an all-sky camera at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico. (September 10, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 24, 2014 at 5:45:10 UTC -