become an editor
the entire directory
only in Small_Bodies/Asteroids
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Asteroid Belt
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Dwarf Planets: Ceres
This category in other languages:
Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers: Minor Planets Section
- Photometry and shape modeling program, magnitude alert project, finder charts, visual observing of minor planets.
- Archive of articles posted at the Planetary Science Research Discoveries site at the University of Hawaii.
Asteroid Fact Sheet
- Provides a table of information on selected asteroids.
- Graphs and animations showing major asteroid groups and families.
Asteroid Observing Services from Lowell Observatory
- Tools to help observers select targets and plan observations. Also, orbital elements, reference star catalog data and software, link to Lowell Observatory Near Earth Object Search (LONEOS).
Asteroid Radar Research
- NASA JPL asteroid research using radar. Introduction, scientific activity, asteroid images.
- Common questions.
- From the Uppsala Planetary System Group. Overview, research projects, discoveries.
- Chart showing relative sizes, distance from the sun, inclination/eccentricity, shape, and color. Other charts showing position in the solar system. Summary data.
Asteroids with Satellites
- Lists of known or suspected asteroids with satellites. Also history, graphs, links.
Asteroids: Their History
- Information on the study of these objects orbiting the sun.
Bill Bottke's Asteroid Research
- Collisions, tidal disruption, dynamics, planetary impacts, crater chains and doublet craters.
Dan Durda's Research Interests
- Airborne observations, Vulcanoids, various asteroid collision effects.
Eric Weisstein's World of Astronomy: Asteroids
- Dynamical groups of asteroids, mathematical formulas, the Tunguska event.
European Asteroid Research Node
- Association of European research groups active in asteroid research. Links to member sites and resources useful for asteroid research.
Introduction to Asteroids
- Covers history, asteroid composition, Earth collisions.
Minor Planet Groups and Families
- Listing and description of dynamical groups and physical families of asteroids.
Minor Planet Observer
- Lightcurve collaboration, physical studies, software, Palmer Divide Observatory.
- Offers updated alphabetical list of minor planet names.
News on Hilda Asteroids
- A review of current knowledge of this dynamical group. Overview, low eccentricity Hildas, the Schubart family, numbered Hildas of the Palomar-Leiden survey.
Nine Planets: Asteroids
- Overview of current scientific knowledge of asteroids.
Physical studies of asteroids at Poznan Observatory
- Light curves, database of asteroid spin vectors.
Small Main-Belt Asteroid Spectroscopic Survey II
- Data sets and references to scientific literature describing results.
Solar System Exploration: Asteroids
- Basic description, overview of asteroid science.
Views of the Solar System: Asteroid Introduction
- Background information, details on selected asteroids, image gallery.
- Encyclopedia article covers history, groups of asteroids, spectral types. Tables of largest and notable asteroids.
Windows to the Universe: Asteroids
- Description, data on selected asteroids, images.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 12:35:10 UTC -