become an editor
the entire directory
only in Solar_System/Small_Bodies
Near Earth Objects
- A digest of news related to asteroids, comets, and meteors. Monitors changes in impact risk calculations. Includes links to original sources of information.
Asteroids and Comets
- Data from across NASA, compiled at the National Space Science Data Center.
Asteroids Comets Meteors (ACM)
- A meeting bringing together scientists studying small solar system bodies. Dates and links of past meetings.
Asteroids, Comets, and Meteorites: Their Intimate Relation with Life on Earth
- A curriculum prepared by the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute.
Astrobiology Magazine: Meteors, Comets, and Asteroids
- Selected articles, usually with some connection to life on Earth or elsewhere in the solar system.
Catalogue of the Solar System: Small Bodies Orbital Evolution
- Provides information about asteroids of the Aten, Apollo and Amor groups and periodic comets. In English and Russian.
Comets and Asteroids News
- Latest news and information about comets and asteroids proved by Remanzacco Observatory, Italy.
Committee on Small Body Nomenclature
- Group responsible for the naming of asteroids and comets. Description of the naming process, guidelines for submitting name proposals.
Keeping an Eye on Space Rocks
- Overview of asteroids, comets, and meteors, with special attention to the impact hazard to Earth.
Meteorites and Asteroids
- Companion resource to an astronomy textbook, contains links and current news about meteorites and asteroids.
Minor Planet Center
- International clearing house for observations of asteroids and comets.
NASA Planetary Photojournal: Asteroid and Comets
- Selected NASA images.
Nine Planets: Sedna
- General information on the object officially known as 2003 VB12. This object is the most distant body known that orbits our Sun.
The Nine Planets: Small Bodies in the Solar System
- Overview of asteroids, comets, meteors. Images, data, links.
NOVA Online: Doomsday Asteroid
- Transcript of the television broadcast, kitchen comet activity, general information on comets.
- Interactive 3D orbit visualization for known asteroids and comets.
Planetary Data System: Small Bodies Node
- Data concerning asteroids and comets, in a standard format for use primarily by astronomical observers and mission planners, as well as educators and students.
- Link collection covering the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud, asteroids, comets, meteors and meteorites, near Earth objects, and impacts.
The Small Bodies
- Provides detailed information on asteroids, comets and meteoroids.
Startdate Online: Leftovers
- Fact sheets on asteroids and comets, index to radio broadcasts on related topics. From the McDonald Observatory.
Welcome to the Planets: Small Bodies
- Asteroids Ida and Dactyl, Comets Shoemaker-Levy 9 and Halley, representative meteorites.
BBC NEWS: Astronomers Discover 'New Planet'
- A telescope has detected what could be the Solar System's 10th planet, Sedna. (March 15, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 13:15:10 UTC -