become an editor
the entire directory
only in Moon/Phases
Science: Astronomy: Calendars and Timekeeping
The Moon: It's Just a Phase It's Going Through
- The Astronomical Society of the Pacific's detailed explanations of the Moon's phases, including positions of the Moon in southern and northern hemispheres during its different phases and the times of day each phase is visible.
- On-line calculator for Moon/Sun Rise/Set, moon phase, sidereal time and Julian day.
Correct Time and Moon Phase
- From the atomic clock at the United States Naval Observatory. Also allows the user to view the phase of the Moon for any date and time [1800-2199 A.D].
How long does each phase of the Moon last?
- NASA's Dr. Marc of The Space Place answers questions about Moon phases and the lunar month. Includes GIF animation of the Moon going through its phases.
- Information and Perl script to calculate moon phases including phase illumination age distances angular diameter new/full moon calculation
Moonstick Information Site
- Describes a slide rule Moon phase calendar accurate over 8000 years into the past or future, and provides other methods of computing astronomical information.
Phase of Moon
- Displays the phase of the Moon in a browser window, with times of last and next Full Moon and New Moon.
Phase of Moon GIF
- A 100 by 100 pixel GIF image of the current Moon phase on a black background, from the United States Naval Observatory. Accessible as a URL for embedding in web pages.
Phases of the Moon and Percent of the Moon Illuminated
- Pictures, animations, and brief comments.
The Space Place Images of Earth's Moon for the Classroom
- NASA Moon images with captions showing different phases, suitable for printing and classroom display.
StarChild Moonlight Madness
- NASA's Star Child site page that describes the phases of the Moon. Ends with a test to identify the eight Moon phases and their order.
The UnMuseum's Ponzo and the Moon
- Explains why the Ponzo Illusion makes the Moon appear larger when near the horizon.
Virtual Reality Moon Phase
- The United States Naval Observatory (USNO) Moon phase display for the years 1800 through 2199.
- Xphoon sets the X-Windows root window image to a picture of the Moon in its current phase.
Sky & Telescope: Greek Marathon Dated from Phase of Moon
- Describes how astronomers used phase of Moon calculations and ancient Greek religious festivals to date the original Marathon run. (July 20, 2004)
Sky & Telescope: Dating van Gogh's Moonrise
- Article identifying the exact date and time of van Gogh's Moonrise painting, based on Moon phase calculations. (June 02, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 5:15:11 UTC -