become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earth/Moon
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Planets: Earth: Moon
Science: Technology: Space: Colonization
Society: History: By Topic: Exploration: Space
This category in other languages:
Atlas of the Moon
- Interactive Moon atlas (hotspots) with links to 237 close-up images. [Also in German]
Dyson's Animated Moon
- Interactive moon map (Flash based) with brief information about various features.
Earth-Moon Dynamics Page
- Extracts from five papers studying Earth-Moon dynamics relating to evolution and gravity topics.
Geologic Lunar Research Group
- Resource for all lunar observers interested in geologic, dome and TLP research. Some content in Italian.
- A photographic map of the equatorial region with pan and zoom capability, showing locations of the Apollo landings.
Interactive Map of the Moon
- The visible and the hidden side. Includes games and basic information about the satellite and the lunar missions.
Keith's Moon Page
- A collection of facts, phases, folklore and photographs.
- An Introduction to Lunar Domes by Nigel Longshaw, an illustrated description of these features including characteristics and observation history.
The Moon Illusion Explained
- Why our satellite looks big at the horizon and smaller when higher up.
The Moon Museum
- A tour made on the 30th anniversary of the first lunar landing.
- Some facts, quotations, trivia chosen at random.
Moon Stereogram Demonstration
- Demonstration as to why the Moon appears larger when nearer the horizon than when high in the sky.
NSSDC Photo Gallery: Moon
- Select images from various space probes and telescopes.
Summer Moon Illusion
- An explanation of the illusion that the Moon, low on the horizon, is actually bigger then when seen higher in the sky.
What's a Blue Moon?
- From Sky and Telescope magazine. Explains what it is and when the phenomenon happens.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2013 at 6:15:06 UTC -