become an editor
the entire directory
only in Solar_System/Kuiper_Belt
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Kuiper Belt
New Horizons Mission
Pluto and Charon
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Dwarf Planets: Pluto and Charon
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Oort Cloud
Science: Technology: Space: Missions: Unmanned: Outer Solar System: New Horizons
This category in other languages:
10th Planet Discovered
- NASA science article on this newly discovered Kuiper object.
A Deep Ecliptic Survey for Kuiper Belt Objects
- A description of the Deep Ecliptic Survey, a systematic search for Kuiper Belt Objects using large telescopes.
- The Newsletter is dedicated to the dissemination of research relevant to the Kuiper belt. The goal is to provide researchers with easy and rapid access to current observational and theoretical studies of the Kuiper belt, directly related objects, and other areas of research.
Distant EKOs: The Kuiper Belt Electronic Newsletter
- Recent and past issues of the Distant EKOs Newsletter, a review of the science and current events surrounding Kuiper Belt Objects
European Southern Observatory: Virtual Telescope Observes Large Asteroid
- European Southern Observatory images of 2001 KX76
How Big Is 2001 KX76?
- Size comparison of 2001 KX76 and other known objects. From NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- Guide to KBOs and recent research by Dr. David Jewitt of the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy
The Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud
- Primer on objects in the outer solar system from The Nine Planets multimedia tour of the solar system.
List of Transneptunian Objects
- Lists currently known transneptunian objects, also known as Kuiper Belt Objects. Updated daily.
Pluto-Kuiper Belt mission team dedicates Science Operations Center
- On Monday, February 4, on what would have been the 96th birthday of Pluto's discoverer, Clyde W. Tombaugh, NASA's New Horizons Pluto-Kuiper Belt mission team announced the dedication of its Science Operations Center in his honor.
- Frequently asked questions.
science.nasa.gov: Hubble Spots the Biggest World Since Pluto
- NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has measured Quaoar and found it to be 1300 km wide.
STScI: Hubble Hunts Down Binary Objects at the Fringe of Our Solar System
- The Hubble Space Telescope is hot on the trail of a puzzling new class of solar system object that might be called a Pluto "mini-me."
swri.edu: A Kuiper Belt Glossary
- This page lists acronyms and definitions of terms used in Kuiper belt research.
nationalgeographic.com: 800-Mile-Wide "Object" Found in Solar System
- Astronomers have discovered the largest object in the solar system since Pluto was named the ninth planet in 1930. (October 07, 2002)
Scientific American: Journey to the Farthest Planet
- Scientists are finally preparing to send a spacecraft to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt, the last unexplored region of our planetary system. By S. Alan Stern (May 01, 2002)
UniSci: Some Kuiper Belt Objects Turn Out To Be Binary Pairs
- NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is hot on the trail of an intriguing new class of solar system objects -- dim and fleeting objects that travel in pairs in the frigid, mysterious outer realm of the solar system called the Kuiper Belt. (April 18, 2002)
Discovery Announcement of 2001 KX76
- From the National Optical Astronomy Observatory Newsletter (July 02, 2001)
Usenet sci.astro -
Usenet sci.astro.research -
Usenet uk.sci.astronomy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:49:59 PM EDT -