the entire directory
only in Astronomy/Solar_System
Pluto and Charon
Asteroids, Comets and Meteors
Science: Astronomy: Extrasolar Planets
Science: Astronomy: Software
Science: Technology: Space: Missions
This category in other languages:
The Nine Planets
- Overview, sections dedicated to each planet and the smaller bodies - with data, information and some pictures - glossary and appendices.
Views of the Solar System
- Multimedia tour with statistical data, detailed information, pictures and videos. Also includes educational resources.
- Features Moon rocks, Mars meteorites, and space exposed materials at NASA's curation office.
Astronomy 161: The Solar System
- Overview with historical background and basic astronomy concepts, details about planets, satellites, asteroids, comets and meteors.
Astronomy Today - Solar System
- Fairly detailed information about our sun and its planets.
BBC Space: Solar System
- 3D tour including videos with audio and text information on the Sun and the bodies orbiting around it. (Shockwave and Realplayer required)
Bob the Alien's Tour of the Solar System
- Informative tour of the planets, dwarf planets, moons, asteroids and comets in the Solar System and the stars and galaxies beyond. Also provides information about space exploration and astronomy.
Computing Planetary Positions
- A detailed online tutorial on how to compute planetary locations using math formulas.
Free Software for Planetary Science
- Image processing browsers for Mariner 6, 7, 9, 10, Venera 15/16, and Viking Orbiter.
Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature
- Protocols for naming planetary features, by the Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature of the International Astronomical Union.
- Allows the user to perform various gravity calculations for the sun and planets based on Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation.
Northeast Regional Planetary Data Center
- Includes list of available image collections and how to obtain the data at the facility (no images are online).
- Provides overview and original illustrations of elements.
Orrery: Solar System Simulator
- A Java applet that simulates gravitating masses. Features a working model with motions and sizes of 70 planets and moons to scale.
Orrery: The Solar System in Action
- A concise tour containing numerous educational resources, and support for Spacetech's Orrery application.
A Planet Pursuit
- Pictures, facts and general information on the nine planets.
Planetary Alignment and Magnetic Field Interaction
- Article by David W. Allan on the magnetic field interactions in planet alignments and the correlation of sun spot activity to periodic field polarity reversals.
Planetary Cartography and Graphics by Ralph Aeschliman
- Planetary maps and graphics of Mars, the Moon and Venus.
Planetary Fact Sheet
- Table of essential measurements and facts regarding the nine planets with links to highly detailed summaries.
- Cycles, resonances, synchronizations and interactions in the solar system.
Planetary Science Institute
- Research and educational institute with projects to study planets, asteroids, and comets.
Shaker Effects in Celestial Mechanics
- Article by Franz Heeke about the rotation of the sun and planets, the sun's motion around the centre of mass of the solar system, planetary rings, solar activity and climate, and the origin of the solar system.
- Information about planetary astronomy and space exploration and habitat. Online chat, message boards, and related links. Sells replicas and toys.
The Solar Space Station
- Facts, descriptions and pictures, with sections about the Sun, the planets and meteors and asteroids.
The Solar System
- History of and basic facts about major solar system bodies.
Solar System Dynamics
- Provides detailed information related to known bodies in orbit around the Sun. Ephemerides, physical parameters, Earth close-approaches, observer tools.
Solar System Dynamics
- Web-based resources accompanying the book of this name, by Carl D. Murray and Stanley F. Dermott.
Solar System Exploration
- Part of NASA's Office of Space Science that describes NASA's program to explore the solar system.
Solar System Simulator
- Online software that generates views of the bodies of our planetary system at any date from any artificial or natural point of observation.
Solar System Simulator
- Shows the position of the planets as they rotate around the sun for many years to come.
Stardate Online: Guide to the Solar System
- Contains an outline of the formation and evolution of planets, comets, asteroids, and of their features and exploration.
USGS Astrogeology Research Program
- Features planetary imagery, research, GIS, mapping, and image processing software. The site provides information about the group and about the Solar System.
Welcome to the Planets
- Select images from NASA's planetary exploration program.
Windows to the Universe
- Aimed at portraying Earth and Space Sciences in a fun way. Includes information about space weather, global space physics and a real time movie of current solar activity.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 14:35:04 UTC -