become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Space_Simulation
3D Solar System Simulator
- A free Java application that shows an interactive 3D representation of the planets and satellites of the solar system.
- [freeware - Win 98/ME/2000/XP] Three-dimensional models of the Milky Way neighborhood.
- A precision solar system simulator that calculates the gravitational interactions between all astronomical bodies, so that the motions of asteroids and comets are accurately simulated. Superb interactive 3D views, and a huge range of features. [Commercial, free demo, multilingual]
The Celestia Motherlode
- The addon repository for the 3-D space simulator Celestia. It includes tours, spacecraft, asteroids and fictional universes.
- [Freeware - Win3.x/95] A three-dimensional aid to viewing some of the nearer stars of our galaxy, navigating the distances between them, and accessing basic stellar information.
Copernic Space Simulator
- A freeware program that allows the user to navigate through the solar system neighbourhood at different times in past or future and see the sky in a stereographic projection.
- Accurate wireframe simulator for the Voyager and Giotto space missions, with animation capability. Developed at JPL for science/navigation, and filmed by the BBC/NOVA. Conveniently runs from any Windows/DOS. Freeware.
- [freeware - Win 9x/NT/2k/XP] Simulates orbits of planets and other celestial bodies.
MPL3D Solar System
- Interactive 3D space simulation of the close universe in real time.
Orbiter Space Flight Simulator
- ORBITER is a free flight simulator that goes beyond the confines of Earth's atmosphere. It is not a space shooter, and aims to be as realistic as possible.
- [commercial, demo available - Win95/98/NT] A solar system simulator and planetarium, with planetary encyclopaedia.
Solar System Applet
- [online Java applet] This 3-d solar system applet can be rotated and zoomed with the mouse. Below it are links to other online gravity simulators and resources for building solar system simulations.
- Provides tutorials on how to program a 3d engine for a space simulation.
SpaceWander Virtual Space Trip!
- SpaceWander's award-winning multimedia tour of the Universe features real space pictures from NASA
- [commercial - Win95/98/NT, Macintosh] A planetarium and solar-system simulator; lets you view the universe from anywhere in our planetary neighbourhood in the past, present, and future.
StarStrider software 3D planetarium
- [shareware - Win 98/ME/2K/XP] A 3D software planetarium. Photo realistic real-time 3D renderings of 2 million stars, galaxies, nebulae, and the Milky Way. Includes several educative tutorials.
- Interactive space simulator created by Dan Dixon. It includes the solar system, the nearest 1000 stars, the local group of galaxies and an unlimited number of fictional scenarios.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2016 at 0:59:58 UTC -