become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Space_Simulation
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Software: Space Simulation
3D Solar System Simulator
- A free Java application that shows an interactive 3D representation of the planets and satellites of the solar system.
- [freeware - Win 98/ME/2000/XP] Three-dimensional models of the Milky Way neighborhood.
- Astronomy software program that allows you to simulate how astronomical objects move and interact under the force of gravity.[Commercial, free demo, multilingual]
- A free 3D space simulator that lets you travel through the solar system and beyond to over 100,000 stars. [Windows, Mac; Open source]
- [Freeware - Win3.x/95] A three-dimensional aid to viewing some of the nearer stars of our galaxy, navigating the distances between them, and accessing basic stellar information.
Copernic Space Simulator
- A freeware program that allows the user to navigate through the solar system neighbourhood at different times in past or future and see the sky in a stereographic projection.
- Accurate wireframe simulator for the Voyager and Giotto space missions, with animation capability. Developed at JPL for science/navigation, and filmed by the BBC/NOVA. Conveniently runs from any Windows/DOS. Freeware.
- [freeware - Win 9x/NT/2k/XP] Simulates orbits of planets and other celestial bodies.
MPL3D Solar System
- Interactive 3D space simulation of the close universe in real time.
- [open source - Win95/98/NT/2000 or Unix/Linux and OpenGL] Newest NASA data creates a fast 3D display of our home solar system, 25000 stars, galaxy, planets, moons, asteroids and even controllable spacecraft.
Orbiter Space Flight Simulator
- ORBITER is a free flight simulator that goes beyond the confines of Earth's atmosphere. It is not a space shooter, and aims to be as realistic as possible.
- [commercial, demo available - Win95/98/NT] A solar system simulator and planetarium, with planetary encyclopaedia.
Solar System Applet
- [online Java applet] This 3-d solar system applet can be rotated and zoomed with the mouse. Below it are links to other online gravity simulators and resources for building solar system simulations.
SpaceWander Virtual Space Trip!
- SpaceWander's award-winning multimedia tour of the Universe features real space pictures from NASA
- Provides tutorials on how to program a 3d engine for a space simulation.
StarStrider software 3D planetarium
- [shareware - Win 98/ME/2K/XP] A 3D software planetarium. Photo realistic real-time 3D renderings of 2 million stars, galaxies, nebulae, and the Milky Way. Includes several educative tutorials.
- [commercial - Win95/98/NT, Macintosh] A planetarium and solar-system simulator; lets you view the universe from anywhere in our planetary neighbourhood in the past, present, and future.
The Celestia Motherlode
- The addon repository for the 3-D space simulator Celestia. It includes tours, spacecraft, asteroids and fictional universes.
- Interactive space simulator created by Dan Dixon. It includes the solar system, the nearest 1000 stars, the local group of galaxies and an unlimited number of fictional scenarios.
VRMars-Spirit: The Red Planet Mars 3D
- Virtual reality software covering Mars exploration, enabling the user to take a virtual tour of the planet and get 3D views of the surroundings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:18:30 PM EDT -