become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Image_Processing_and_Data_Analysis
Image Processing and Data Analysis
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Software: Image Processing and Data Analysis
FITS Image Format
- [open source - Unix, WinNT] The next generation AIPS software.
- [commercial, demo available - Win95/98/NT] A complete software product for analysis and processing of astronomical images. With the built-in star atlas based on the Guide Star Catalogue, it is also possible to perform astrometric and photometric calibration on your images.
- Auriga Imaging's program RegiStar automatically registers (aligns) astrophotos -- no user intervention required.
- Image processing and camera control software providing control for CCD cameras, performing image processing, data reduction, and scripted data acquisition.
- Astronomy image capture software that tracks and aligns long-exposure image data to give rich, sharp photos. Real-time view and tracking prevents telescope shake affecting images.
ESO-MIDAS: Image Data Analysis System
- [open source - Linux/Unix, VAX/VMS/OpenVMS] General tools for image processing and data reduction with emphasis on astronomical applications including stellar and surface photometry, image sharpening and decomposition, as well as imaging and special reduction packages for ESO instrumentation.
The Imaging Source
- Offers IC Capture.AS, control and acquisition software for astronomy cameras. Capture single frames and uncompressed image sequences.
IRAF - Image Reduction and Analysis Facility
- [open source - Unix, OpenVMS] A general-purpose software system for the reduction and analysis of astronomical data. IRAF is written and supported by the IRAF programming group at the National Optical Astronomy Observatories (NOAO) in Tucson, Arizona.
- Free astronomical images processing software.
ISDA - Irregularly Spaced Data Analysis
- [Free - MSDOS, dosemu] Program to analyse irregularly spaced time series - variable star light curves.
- [commercial, demo available - Win95/98/NT/2000] Image processing and CCD camera control software for astronomical imaging. Supports Apogee, Celestron, FLI, HiSIS, Meade, SBIG, and Starlight Xpress CCD cameras; video cameras, autoguiders, and filter wheels. ASCOM compliant.
- [open source - OpenVMS/Unix] Multipurpose Interactive Image Processing System does astronomical image analysis. The main package runs on OpenVMS, but many subsets can run on Unix. All source code is provided.
MIRIAD - Multichannel Image Reconstruction, Image Analysis and Display
- [open source - Unix, VMS] A toolbox in the form of an environment with a large set of moderate-sized programs which perform individual tasks involving calibration, mapping, deconvolution and image analysis of interferometric data.
Picture Window Image Editing Software
- Picture Window is a popular tool among serious amateur astrophotographers. By Digital Light and Color.
Pleiades Astrophotro: PixInsight
- Modular, open-architecture, portable image processing software platform specializing in technical image processing tasks such as astronomical imaging. It is available for Linux/UNIX, Mac OSX and MS Windows.
Voyager Image Display
- A shareware Windows 95/98/NT/2000 based image processing program that can read and enhance images from various NASA spacecraft.
Usenet sci.astro.ccd-imaging -
Image Processing and Data Analysis
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:15:02 AM EDT -