become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Desktop_Planetarium_and_Charting
Desktop Planetarium and Charting
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Software: Desktop Planetarium and Charting
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Sky Maps and Atlases
- Astronomical ephemeris calculator covering the period 3000 BC to AD 3000. Includes star charts, graphs and orbit diagrams.
AstroViewer: Quick Orientation in the Night Sky
- The AstroViewer planetarium applet shows a sky map for any time and any location on Earth. Individual printable sky maps (GIF, PDF) may be created.
- Offers the picoSky cellular telephone planetarium application which runs on most phones that allow Java game downloads.
- Displays the stars, constellations, deep sky objects, Sun, Moon, and planets as visible from any location on Earth at any given time, with optional animation. [shareware - Win98/2000/XP/Vista]
- From the U.S. Naval Observatory. Online forms provide sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, and twilight times for one day or one year; moon phases, eclipse charts, and data for major solar system bodies and bright stars.
- Observer-oriented star mapping and telescope control software. [Commercial, demo available - DOS]
Dutch Occultation Association
- Free version of Lunar Occultation Workbench ( LOW ).
The Earth Centered Universe
- Planetarium and telescope control program. [Shareware - Win3.1/95/98/NT]
- Planetarium with orrery, and animation. Commercial, demo available - Win95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Hallo Northern Sky
- Planetarium program which includes the Tycho-2 and SAC 7.2 catalogues. Can access the GSC CD-ROMs. [Freeware - Win95/98/NT/XP]
- A space and astronomy package, with satellite-tracking capabilities. [Freeware - Windows]
Hubble Space Telescope: Wallpaper
- Thirty full-screen Hubble photos for use as wallpaper and screen saver. [Commercial - Win95/98/NT]
Jovian Satellite Simulator
- JupSat95 calculates and displays the positions of Jupiter's four Galilean moons. [Shareware Win9x/NT]
Lunar Map Pro
- Astronomical software for amateur observers of the Moon. It has over 13000 features with full search data base of all the known craters including NASA Apollo landing sites.[Commercial - Win2K/XP]
- Lunar observer's toolkit with real time moon simulation including libration. Identify lunar features; zoom, pan and print moon maps; monthly lunar ephemeris; many charts, diagrams and printouts. Commercial, free demo, Windows.
MegaStar Sky Atlas
- Resource for deep-sky observing. [Commercial, demo available - Win3.1/95]
- Planetarium program generating accurate charts, with stars, planets, comets and asteroids. Orrery views make it a useful teaching tool. [Shareware - Win3.1/95/98/NT]
- Celestial navigation software with star finder, vetor chart and GPS interface. [Commercial, demo available. Windows]
Perseus Astronomy Simulation Software
- Perseus is a complete desktop planetarium. Software features 3D solar system objects and scripting function for lecturers, plus ASCOM support. Italian and English versions are available.
- Simple display of the planets for any given date. [Java applet]
- Displays appropriate sky area on monitor for any date. [Freeware - Windows]
- Desktop planetarium and charting program. [Commercial - Dos, Win3.1/95/NT]
- Planetarium program showing the sky on any date, from any place on earth. Has features to benefit a wide range of interest levels, from the beginning hobbyist to the seasoned professional. [Commercial, Win98/NT, MacOS]
- A CD-ROM planetarium and star-charting program equally suited to both the casual stargazer and the serious amateur or professional astronomer, although its feature list will appeal especially to the more advanced user. [Commercial, demo available - Win95/98/NT]
- Observation planning, charting and logging software. [Commercial - Win95/98/NT]
- Planet2010 high accuracy astronomy software using VSOP87 planetary theory for calculating the positions of all of the planets within our solar system. Software is accurate for years between 1900 and 2100 (Commercial - win95,98,NT,win2000,XP).
- Planetarium program which lets you view the sky from anywhere in the universe. [Commercial - Windows XP/Vista, Mac OSX]
- An astronomy shareware program. It includes simulations of the night sky (including NGC objects) and solar system. It also plots user-definable graphs, displays space images and comes with various utilities such as an astronomical calculator.
- Shows a realistic sky in 3D, as with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope, including fisheye projection for domes. [Free open source (GPL) - Windows, Mac, Linux]
Desktop Planetarium and Charting
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 31, 2013 at 11:54:09 UTC -