the entire directory
only in Astronomy/Software
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Software
Amateur Telescope Making
Desktop Planetarium and Charting
Education and Multimedia
Image Processing and Data Analysis
SETI at Home
Toolkits and Observing Utilities
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Scientific: Astronomy
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Mac OS: Software: Astronomy
Science: Physics: Optics: Software
Science: Physics: Software
This category in other languages:
- Features the following programs: an ephemeris calculator, a collection of astronomical data in electronic form, Planet Orbits, C88, and Planetary, Lunar, and Stellar Visibility.
- Advanced software for astrometry, photometry, robotic observations. Huge database of images and catalogs. Works with MaximDL and ASCOM. Free downloads.
Astronomy Common Object Model (ASCOM)
- Promoting the use of open scriptable tools for amateur and educational astronomy.
- Lunar and solar periodicity formulas, definitions, time formulas, notation, astronomical constants with computer code for a programmable HP 48 by James Q. Jacobs.
Astronomy Software Resources
- Discover links and resources for astronomy software for amateur and professional astronomers and for people interested in astronomy, stargazing and space.
- News, reviews, articles, forums and downloads of astronomy related programs for various platforms.
Cartes du Ciel / Sky Charts
- Freeware allowing one to draw charts according to the data of 15 catalogs of stars and nebulae, as well as the position of planets, asteroids, and comets. Available in English and is translated in 8 other languages.
- Provides a library of functions and routines written in the Interactive Data Language (IDL). Developed mainly for use in astronomy, the library also supplies general scientific and programming applications.
- Observation planning software for astronomers. Includes telescope control, logging, and charting.[Commercial - Windows]
Kairos General Calendar Conversion Program
- [commercial, demo available -- Win95/98/NT] Includes calendars required by historians of astronomy and general historians. Many details are provided for Indian and Jewish calendars. There is also a display of positions of the Sun, Moon and planets, effectively replacing Tuckerman's tables. A horoscope display, and details of lunar visibility, are calculated from modern parameters.
Linux for Astronomy cdrom
- Astronomical software precompiled for the Linux operating system. Applications include general purpose image and signal processing tools, as well as algorithms in use at observatories and universities worldwide. Facilities for processing the data products of the major space-based instruments are also included. [Commercial - Linux]
- Astronomical software on Linux.
Lunar Calendars and Eclipse Finder
- Windows software for converting dates in various lunar and other calendars and for finding lunar phases and eclipses of various kinds.
- Interactive program for computing synthetic lightcurves and generating animated views and best-fit models of eclipsing binary stars. [Open source - Linux/Unix]
- Free and open java based astronomical logging tool. It stores data in an XML format called COMAST, a tool which provides a free schema definition for all kinds of astronomical observations.
- Review of the solar system simulator (by Spacetech) for RISC OS workstations.
Sky and Telescope -- Astronomical Software
- Links to the BASIC programs that appeared in Sky and Telescope, to shareware/freeware astronomy related software and to vendors of astronomy software.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 20, 2013 at 20:17:33 UTC -