become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Journals
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Publications: Journals
Astrophysics Data System (ADS) Abstracts Service
- An astronomy query form.
arXiv.org e-Print Archive
- Fully automated electronic archive and distribution server for research papers, hosted at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Annual Review of Astonomy and Astrophysics
- In publication since 1963, covering significant developments regarding the Sun, stars, galaxy, cosmology, instrumentation and techniques, and history.
- Founded in 1821 by H.C. Schumacher, is one of the oldest worldwide astronomical journals still being published. Features papers on a variety of issues ranging from cosmology, extragalactic research, cosmic hydrodynamics, stellar physics, interstellar matter, solar and planetary physics to geodetic astronomy.
Astronomy and Astrophysics
- A European Journal that publishes papers on all aspects of astronomy and astrophysics: theoretical, observational and instrumental, independently of the techniques used to obtain the results: numerical analysis, optical, radio, particles, and space vehicles.
Astrophysics and Space Science
- Publishes original contributions, invited reviews and conference proceedings over the entire range of astronomy and astrophysics. It publishes observational and theoretical papers as well as those concerned with the techniques of instrumentation. Observational papers can include data from ground-based, space, and atmospheric facilities.
Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy
- An international journal concerned with the broadest range of dynamical astronomy and its applications, as well as with peripheral fields. Print and online versions.
International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves
- A resource for rapid dissemination of the results of original research in millimeter, submillimeter, and far infrared theory, techniques, devices, systems, spectroscopy, and applications.
Irish Astronomical Journal
- Independent professional journal focusing on modern astronomical knowledge and related subjects.
- Publishes articles in various fields of astronomy and astrophysics: theoretical, observational and instrumental. Includes full length research articles and letter articles. The Journal covers solar, planetary, stellar, galactic and extragalactic astronomy and astrophysics. It reports on original research in all wavelength bands, ranging from radio to gamma-ray.
Space Science Reviews
- An international journal containing invited review papers on space science, defined for the purpose as scientific research carried out by means of rockets, rocket-propelled vehicles, and partly also by stratospheric balloons and at observatories on the Earth or Moon. The journal is principally concerned with the purely scientific aspects of the subject, but instrumental and technical aspects also receive attention.
The Astronomical Journal
- Founded in 1849 and published by the American Astronomical Society with an emphasis on observational papers. Its expanded coverage of quasars, galaxies, supernova remnants, and studies of the interstellar medium complements the more traditional areas of astronomy, including galactic structure and dynamics, astrometry, variable and binary stars, solar system studies, and cosmology.
The Astrophysical Journal
- Founded in 1895 and published by the American Astronomical Society. It is devoted to recent developments, discoveries, and theories in astronomy and astrophysics. Quasars, pulsars, neutron stars, black holes, solar and stellar magnetic fields, X-rays, and interstellar matter. In addition, videos that complement specific issues are periodically available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:09:04 PM EST -