become an editor
the entire directory
only in Optical_and_Infrared/Large_Telescopes
Optical and Infrared
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Observatories: Optical and Infrared: Large Telescopes
- Facilities include 200 inch, 60 inch, 48 inch, 18 inch, and the Snoop, and provides, general and visitor information, history, images, news, and research results.
Canadian Aspects of the Thirty Metre Telescope
- Adaptive objects, who's involved, timeline, goals, why 30 metre, design, proposed site, projects, media, for teachers and students, and glossary.
Centro Astronómico Hispano Alemán
- The German-Spanish Astronomical Center at Calar Alto, Spain includes location, visitor information, equipment description, newsletter, and news operated by the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy.
- International partnership comprised of two 8.1-meter telescopes with equipment description and location, news, press releases, and newsletter.
- Facility information, equipment and instrumentation, observer information, and research. They have a 9.2 meter telescope as well as smaller ones.
The MMT Observatory
- Is 6.5 meters in diameter and provides historical information, public access information, and visual resources.
- A Very Large Telescope will consist of four 8-meter telescopes which can work independently or in combined mode, and includes information on observing, the site, and the project.
Southern African Large Telescope
- Information on facility and equipment, news, science, observing, and inauguration.
- Is 8.2 meters, and includes general information, equipment and instrument information, presentations, and images.
W. M. Keck Observatory
- Comprised of two 10 meter telescopes includes information on equipment and instruments, with images and movies, observing information, and news.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2012 at 5:54:03 UTC -