become an editor
the entire directory
only in Optical_and_Infrared/Large_Telescopes
Optical and Infrared
Canadian Aspects of the Thirty Metre Telescope
- Adaptive objects, who's involved, timeline, goals, why 30 metre, design, proposed site, projects, media, for teachers and students, and glossary.
Centro Astronómico Hispano Alemán
- The German-Spanish Astronomical Center at Calar Alto, Spain includes location, visitor information, equipment description, newsletter, and news operated by the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy.
- International partnership comprised of two 8.1-meter telescopes with equipment description and location, news, press releases, and newsletter.
- Facility information, equipment and instrumentation, observer information, and research. They have a 9.2 meter telescope as well as smaller ones.
The MMT Observatory
- Is 6.5 meters in diameter and provides historical information, public access information, and visual resources.
- Acenter of astronomical research owned and operated by Caltech. The Observatory is home to three active research telescopes: the 200-inch (5.1-meter) Hale Telescope, the 48-inch (1.2-meter) Samuel Oschin Telescope, and the 60-inch (1.5-meter) telescope. Near San Diego, California.
- A Very Large Telescope will consist of four 8-meter telescopes which can work independently or in combined mode, and includes information on observing, the site, and the project.
Southern African Large Telescope
- Information on facility and equipment, news, science, observing, and inauguration.
- Is 8.2 meters, and includes general information, equipment and instrument information, presentations, and images.
W. M. Keck Observatory
- Comprised of two 10 meter telescopes includes information on equipment and instruments, with images and movies, observing information, and news.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2016 at 0:53:35 UTC -