become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Worldviews
Science: Astronomy: Cosmology
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Archaeoastronomy
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science
As the World Turned
- History of sun-centered astronomy, includes original work of Galileo, Copernicus, others
A Brief History of Cosmology
- A review by David Wands of the development of cosmology, starting with the Babylonians.
Christianity and the Mathematical Sciences - the Heliocentric Hypothesis
- Religious influences on Copernicus, Galileo, Brahe and Kepler.
The Copernican Revolution
- Brief historical chronology of the development and acceptance of heliocentricity.
History and Philosophy of Twentieth Century Cosmology
- Paper presented at an Italian national conference in 1996, with references.
History of Cosmology
- An overview from the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive.
The Shapley - Curtis Debate in 1920
- The "great debate" about the scale of the universe and the nature of spiral nebulae.
Thomas Aquinas and Big Bang Cosmology
- The development of theological implications of scientific work on origin of the universe.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 24, 2016 at 7:15:08 UTC -