become an editor
the entire directory
only in Galaxies/Milky_Way
Science: Astronomy: Cosmology
Science: Astronomy: Star Clusters
Science: Astronomy: Stars
APOD: Milky Way
- NASA's "Astronomy Picture of the Day" index to Milky Way images.
Max-Planck-Institut für extraterrestrische Physik - Galactic Center Research
- The research team, observations, results, publications, image gallery, and related links.
The Milky Way
- A short definition of the Milky Way's components and composition.
- Provides images of our galaxy taken at different wavelengths, and discusses how the mapping of variable stars, neutral hydrogen radio maps and star clusters gives us a view of the shape of the galaxy.
The Milky Way Galaxy
- Illustrated and technical overview of the structure and composition.
The Milky Way Galaxy: Our Home
- A brief illustrated definition of the Milky Way.
Multiwavelength Milky Way
- Technical overview of various frequency scans of the galaxy, with images and data files, from NASA's Astrophysics Data Facility.
What is the Milky Way Called in Different Languages?
- A list of the names given to the Milky Way in various languages.
Scientific American: Our Growing, Breathing Galaxy
- Detailed historical information and new discoveries about our galaxy. (January 01, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 15:15:05 UTC -