become an editor
the entire directory
only in Extraterrestrial_Life/Exobiology
Life on Mars
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Aerospace Medicine
Science: Biology: Biophysics
Science: Biology: Theoretical Biology
Science: Technology: Space: Colonization
This category in other languages:
Astrobiology at ASU
- A member of NASA's Astrobiology Institute. The Arizona State University program studies the origin, evolution, and distribution of life in the solar system.
The Astrobiology Web
- An online guide to the origin, evolution, and distribution of life in the Universe as well as all other aspects of space exploration.
The Astrochemistry Laboratory
- Located in the Astrophysics Branch of the Space Sciences Division at NASA's Ames Research Center. Specializes in the study of extraterrestrial materials and their analogs.
Australian Centre for Astrobiology
- Based at University of New South Wales, the centre includes astrobiologists from around Australia. The ACA is Australia's international member of the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
Carnegie Institution of Washington
- A private, nonprofit organization engaged in basic research and advanced education in biology, astronomy, and the earth sciences. Part of the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
- The modern version of panspermia, Cosmic Ancestry treats all of evolution, not just the origin of life on Earth.
- Gives examples of microbes that survive the vacuum of space. Discusses Neo-Darwinism.
- Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology at the Museum of Comparative Zoology. Researches and teaches "biology with a global perspective."
Introduction to Exobiology
- Explores the field of exobiology from a lay perspective including a self-test. Part of the Cruising Chemistry project at Duke.
NASA's Origins Program
- This program at JPL seeks to answer the fundamental questions about the Universe: Where do we come from? Are we alone?
Net Advance of Physics: Bioastronomy
- An experimental page part of the MIT Net Advance project. Includes research and review articles, and offline as well as online materials.
- The NASA Specialized Center of Research and Training in Gravitational Biology is a partnership with UCSD, Scripps, and Salk Institutes. It aims to advance the basic understanding of plant gravitational biology using an integrated molecular, biochemical, and physiological approach.
NSCORT in Origins of Life
- The NASA Specialized Center of Research and Training at the New York Center for Studies of the Origins of Life. A partnership with RPI and SUNY-Albany.
Origin of Life, Evolution of the Cosmos and Astronomy
- Explores events that led to the origin of life on earth.
Origins of Life in our Solar System
- A brief overview of creation of the universe and origins of life in our solar system.
Penn State Astrobiology Research Center
- PSARC's primary mission is to conduct multidisciplinary research and education in Astrobiology as a member of the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
A Search for Evidence of Interplanetary and Atmospheric Microbial Delivery Systems
- Conference paper on the solar wind propelled interplanetary viral and bacterial movements.
University of Southern California: Geobiology and Astrobiology
- Studies the history of life on earth as well as the role the biota continue to play in shaping modern environments.
UW Astrobiology Program
- The University of Washington's graduate certificate program enables students to obtain the interdepartmental background necessary. Focus is on Earth's extreme microbial environments.
Life on the Edge
- Science@NASA article on an experiment designed for students of all ages to investigate life in extreme environments and to learn about the possibilities for life elsewhere in the Solar System. (January 13, 1999)
Usenet sci.space.science -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2015 at 7:24:04 UTC -