become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cosmology/Topological_Defects
- Extensive review of the field-theoretical foundations and the dynamics of cosmic strings and other topological defects. Suitable for students with previous knowledge of field theory and cosmology. By M. B. Hindmarsh and T. W. B. Kibble.
Cosmic Strings and other Defects
- Series of texts describing the basics and some of the consequences of topological defects in the universe. Part of the public pages of the relativity group at Cambridge University.
- Introductory set of lecture notes (postscript) on topological defects, the description and properties of cosmic strings, and observational consequences. Lectures given by S. J. Poletti at the 1995 Australia National University physics summer school.
Cosmology from Topological Defects
- Alejandro Gangui's graduate-level lecture notes about the possible cosmological role and observational signatures of topological defects. Based on lectures delivered at the Xth Brazilian School on Cosmology and Gravitation in 2002. (March 21, 2003)
Formation, Interaction and Observation of Topological Defects
- An introduction to the formation of defects in first-order phase transitions, the way these defects interact, and observational signatures of cosmic strings. Les Houches lectures by Tanmay Vachaspati, suitable for graduate students. (March 23, 1999)
Topological Defects and Cosmology
- Thorough review of the formation of defects and their consequences for cosmology. By Robert H. Brandenberger. (June 24, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:56:51 UTC -