become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earliest_Universe/String_Cosmology
- Lecture notes based on summer school lectures given in 2001 by E. Papantonopoulos (National Technical University of Athens). Suitable for graduate and advanced undergraduate students.
The Cyclic Universe
- Introduction to the ekpyrotic universe, written by the model's creators, Paul J. Steinhardt and Neil Turok. Most of the text can be understood with basic physics knowledge; some sections require advanced knowledge.
A Simple Introduction to Pre-Big-Bang Physics/Cosmology
- Introduction to pre-big bang scenarios based on string theory, with a focus on physical motivations, considerations, and consequences. By Gabriele Veneziano (CERN); suitable for graduate students and researchers.
String Cosmology: A Review
- Review of cosmological models based on string theory, with a focus on large extra dimensions. Based on a talk by Gerald Cleaver (Baylor University and HARC) at COSPAR '02, Houston, Texas, October 2002. Presupposes previous knowledge in astronomy and particle physics.
A Recycled Universe: Crashing Branes and Cosmic Acceleration
- Article the ekpyrotic model of cosmology, and related concepts, suitable for a general audience. Written by George Musser and J. R. Minkel, and published in Scientific American. (February 11, 2002)
- An introduction to string theory-based cosmological models. Based on lectures given by Nick E. Mavromatos (King's College, London) at the First Aegean Summer School on Cosmology, Samos, in 2001. Suitable for graduate students and more advanced readers. (November 29, 2001)
Elementary introduction to pre-big bang cosmology and to the relic graviton background
- A self-contained introduction to string cosmology and, in particular, to the background of relic cosmic gravitons predicted in the context of the so-called "pre-big bang". The text is aimed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students, and based on notes for lectures held by M. Gasperini at two schools in 1997 and 1998. (July 09, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 23, 2013 at 6:05:07 UTC -