become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cosmology/Articles
Multidimensional Gravity and Cosmology
- Review article by V. N. Melnikov on exact solutions in multidimensional cosmology. Based on talks given at the eigth Marcel Grossmann Meeting, in Jerusalem.
Topology of the Universe
- A simple introduction to the idea that the universe might have a more complicated shape than is usually assumed, and to the consequences of that idea. Written by Mark Baltovic; uses simple mathematical concepts only. [PDF]
Universe Today: The Universe is Not Expanding Uniformly
- Article about a finding by Mike Hudson of the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada, that different parts of the Universe are expanding at different rates.
- Technical article by M. Lachieze-Rey and J. P. Luminet about cosmic topology: global properties of the universe that are not restricted by general relativity. (January 09, 2003)
Current Trends in Mathematical Cosmology
- Technical article which reviews current unsolved problems in mathematical cosmology, including the question of singularities, problems associated with the definition and asymptotic structure of the notion of cosmological solutions, and problems related to the qualification of approximations. By Spiros Cotsakis (University of the Aegean). (July 28, 2001)
Minkowski Functionals in Cosmology
- A brief (if technical) tutorial on the basic features of Minkowski functional, a new class of morphological measures. Includes information on their practical application for simulation data and galaxy redshift catalogues. By J. Schmalzing, M. Kerscher, and T. Buchert. (October 05, 1995)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2012 at 23:43:45 UTC -