become an editor
the entire directory
only in Astronomy/Calendars_and_Timekeeping
Calendars and Timekeeping
ISO 8601 Standard
Sunrise and Sunset Times
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Astronomy and Space: Time
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Sky Calendars
Science: Reference: Standards: Individual Standards: ISO: ISO 8601
Science: Technology: Metrology
Society: Holidays: Calendars and Lists
This category in other languages:
Annus Novus Decimal Calendar
- A proposal for a non-sectarian, culturally neutral calendar system.
Astro Portal - CalSKY
- The worldwide interactive online astronomical/space calendar and calculator - for friends of astronomy, as well as astronomers.
Astronomical Time Keeping
- Extensive descriptions of many timing systems, with information on time zones and Julian day numbers.
- Applets related to calendars and keeping time, including sidererial time.
Blue Moon Myths
- Second full moon in a month, or third full moon in a single season.
- Articles on the Gregorian and Julian calendars, the ISO date format, the Julian day number system, the Maya calendar, the Goddess lunar calendar, the Liberalia Triday Calendar and C functions for date conversion; plus software for calendrical conversion.
The Calendar, Leap Years and the Year 2000
- An explanation of the calendar including the origin of the day, week, month and year.
Calendars through the Ages
- History and FAQs of calendars, from ancient Rome to outer space. Including Julian, Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, Chinese, and Mayan.
- The encyclopaedia of calendars.
The Chinese Calendar
- The mathematics and rule explanation for the calendar.
The Difference Between the Millennium and Year 2000
- Questions and answers to satisfy the hearts of true millennium buffs.
GMT: Greenwich Mean Time
- Complete guide to times in every time zone in the world.
Hindu Calendar Dates 52nd Century
- Explains the cosmological and astronomical influences in creating the Indian calendar.
- A list of many American Indian tribe's names for months, days, and other calendar related information.
The Islamic Calendar
- The mathematics of the calendar in Singapore.
The Julian and Gregorian Calendars
- Explanations of the Julian Calendar, the Gregorian Reform, the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar, the length of the tropical year and related matters.
Julian Day Numbers
- An explanation of the Julian day number system used by astronomers and calendricists.
- Lunar calendar with lunations, from new moon to new moon, instead of months. Moon phase on each day. Chinese, Jewish, and Islamic months. Eclipses, meteors, planets, star charts. Christian, Pagan, Islamic, Hindu, and Jewish holidays.
Maya Calendar 2000
- The calendar was the center of Maya life and their greatest cultural achievement. To carry out their astronomical calculations they developed a sophisticated mathematical system. The Maya Calendar website is developing with the intent of providing a complete view of Maya culture.
PlexGlobe: International Clock and Global Kit
- A productivity toolkit for global users and businesses that includes world clock and calendar.
Time and Date
- Information such as yearly and monthly calendars, counters, countdown, and the world clock which shows the current time in cities all over the world.
Types of Calendars
- An explanation of lunar, solar, lunisolar, rule-based and other calendars.
World Holidays: Weeks and Months
- Information on the origin of the week, and etymology of month and weekday names.
Calendars and Timekeeping
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 7, 2015 at 6:24:04 UTC -