become an editor
the entire directory
only in Amateur/Beginners
Science: Astronomy: Education
The Heretic's Guide to Choosing and Buying your First Telescope
- Information first-time telescope buyers with a detailed FAQ and suggested telescopes, vendors, books, videos, and software.
Amateur Astronomer's Notebook
- Information on naked eye observations, first time telescope buyers, equipment and software reviews, and general information.
- The role of the amateur astronomer, and possible contributions within different fields.
Ask the Astronomer
- Archived questions about astronomy and space science especially for the beginner.
- A beginner's guide to astronomy with emphasis on the solar system.
Astrocentral - Beginner's Guide to Astronomy
- Information for beginners with an introduction to astronomy, starhopping, and first telescope.
The Astrogirl Homepage
- Information on the sky, clubs, reading, astronomy basics, tips, software, astrophotography, and links.
Astronomy - An Introduction to Sky Watching
- Booklet by Astronomical Society of South Australia that discusses activities, types of objects to observe, how to get started, and advanced activities.
Astronomy and Astrophotography for the Non-Gazillionaire
- Designed for the amateur and beginner on a budget consisting of articles, gallery, and mission statement.
Astronomy by Frank
- Beginners' guides for buying a telescope and astrophotography.
Astronomy for Beginners
- Information on basics, equipment, what to see, astrophotography, and links.
Astronomy for the Absolute Beginner
- Introduction, getting started, telescopes and accessories, what to expect, books, software, and links.
The Astronomy Nexus
- Information created or compiled that can be viewed in one place, and includes general information, 3D universe, encyclopedia of suns, gadget FAQ, virtual Messier, s.a.a. FAQ, and urban Herschel 400.
Astronomy Today - Telescope Buyers' FAQ
- Guide for buying and using amateur telescopes, accessories, vendors, and various resources.
- Learning the basics of astronomy, observing, and equipment.
- Information on getting started, binoculars,first telescope, and expanding horizons.
For the Beginner
- Tips for getting started in astronomy.
Northern Virginia Astronomy Club - Resources
- Guides for getting started in astronomy.
- Offers information on learning about astronomical objects and then viewing the objects through use of the eye or with various optics.
- Gallery, equipment, audio-video, log, accessories, telescope 101, and links.
Sky & Telescope: How to Start Right in Astronomy
- Article discussing ways to getting started and learning astronomy.
- A calendar of events of upcoming aurora, meteor showers, eclipses, and planets.
Small Telescope Astronomy
- Tutorials on telescope designs, some basic astronomy theory, and amateur astronomy projects for the beginner or owner of modest equipment.
So You Wanna Buy a Telescope
- Discusses telescopes, types, buying, and accessories.
- Dedicated to the stars and galaxies with resources and links.
- Realistic views of what you will see with different telescopes and eyepieces, and links.
- Discussion of two types for beginners, the reflector and the refractor.
- Advice on buying a telescope, beginner's advice, eyepieces, and care and setup of telescope and accessories.
Usenet sci.astro.amateur -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 5:54:08 UTC -