become an editor
the entire directory
only in Amateur/Amateur_Telescope_Making
Amateur Telescope Making
Open Directory - Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Amateur Telescope Making
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Astrophotography and CCD Imaging
Science: Astronomy: Products and Services: Telescopes, Binoculars and Accessories
100% Do It Yourself
- Equatorial table, hydraulic focusing system, stepper motor electronic controls, hydraulic drive, advice to build a telescope, and beginners corner.
A Photovisual Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope
- Information acquired during design and construction of a 7.5" aperture F8.
- Electronic based Journal with current issue, past issues, and archives.
Al's Custom Telescope Accessories
- Oak tripod, tripod accessories, leg kits, feedback, and links.
An Amateur Telescope Maker's Projects
- Articles on various telescope designs.
- Construction of reflector, refractor, and mini solar cam with images, and astro images.
Bill's 14.5 Inch Telescope Making Project
- Description, photographs, rebuilding of telescope, making simple lens for reflector, and links.
Computer Operated Telescopes
- Features plans and designs for stepper or servo motor layouts as well as features, free software, how-to information, and links.
Dave's ATM Page
- Information to add altitude-azimuth controller and unipolar stepper motor controller to a telescope, and directions with drawings and images of individual parts for a ten inch scope.
- Building a tester with a unique return mechanism, simplistic in design and very practical, enables the user to obtain highly accurate results.
- Telescope mirror making supplies and tutorials.
How Products Are Made: Telescope
- Background, raw materials, and the manufacturing process with references.
Making and Motorizing of Telescope
- Construction of small newtonian and Mel Bartels system for computer control.
Mike's Telescope Workshop
- Photos and descriptions of binocular stand, several telescopes, solar camera, and links for parts.
Mirror Making and Other Activities by Laurie Hall
- Mirror making, the equipment and testing equipment.
Poor Meadow Dyke Observatory
- Construction details with images of Dobsonian, GEM reflector, portable Dobsonian, 20" goto scope, dome, and 20" goto Dobsonian.
San Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers: Building Telescopes
- Plans and how-to's for building a Dobsonian telescope, solar filter, and mirror-making techniques.
- Plans and instructions for building a Dobsonian, refractor, wooden tripod, eyepieces and other accessories.
Shane LaPierre's ATM Pages
- 20" Dobsonian, 8" versatile newt, cookbook 245 CCD, equipment, images, logs, and links.
Stellafane ATM Pages
- Simple and proven techniques that most appropriate for the beginner and the novice mirror and telescope makers.
The ATM Site
- Repository for resources and techniques by chronological, keyword, or author.
The ATM's Workshop
- Areas covered include optics, woodworking, metalworking, electronics, programming, and telescope equipment, and tips and techniques.
The Amateur Telescope Makers Email List
- FAQ, managing a subscription, and archives.
The Construction - Littlebear Observatory
- Information and photos on the construction of the observatory.
- Features several unique solutions for telescope issues with images.
Amateur Telescope Making
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:27:14 PM EDT -