the entire directory
only in Astronomy/Amateur
Amateur Contributions to Science
Amateur Telescope Making
Astrophotography and CCD Imaging
Deep Sky Observing
Sky Maps and Atlases
Solar System Observing
Telescope Owner Resources
Chats and Forums
Science: Astronomy: Education
Science: Astronomy: History
Science: Astronomy: Products and Services
Science: Astronomy: Publications
This category in other languages:
365 Days of Astronomy
- Project to provide an astronomy podcast every day of the year, written, recorded and produced by people around the world.
Amateur Astronomy and Space Website
- Images, CCD information, buy and sell, and links.
Ask an Astronomer
- Questions answered by graduate students, including a question and answer archive, information on the solar system, the universe, SETI, observational astronomy, careers and history.
The Astro Pages
- Astrophotos, articles, discussion boards, telescope making, observer's logs, and calendar.
- Provides studies, images, movies, and equations.
- Visual and CCD photomety, including classic and digital astrophotography. Presents equipment and resources. Located near Plomin in eastern Istria, Croatia.
Astronomy a Go Go
- Monthly podcast discussing what can be seen in the night sky.
- Supporting the hobby related web sites throughout world.
- Getting started, CG-5 mount, SAA 100 list, constellation portraits, barn door tracker, comet Hale Bopp, homemade eyepieces, EQ mount tutorial, millennium rant, and biography, home.
The Astronomy Cafe
- The menu is appetizers, specials, and main course.
- Weekly podcast providing discussions on astronomical topics ranging from planets to cosmology.
- Provides news, articles and resources updated daily.
- Includes galleries, equipment reviews, articles, observation planning, and links.
- Contains sections for equipment, the beginner, books, the solar system and deep sky, web log, and links.
Backyard Astronomy with Paul Mortfield
- Photo gallery, discoveries, details about personal observatory, and chart of large solar flare activity.
- Myths and misconceptions. Includes an introduction, brief biography, and discussion board.
Clear Skies On Demand
- An online astronomy journal by Math Heijen, backyard astronomer from the Netherlands. Observing logs from Sun, Moon and Deepsky, digital lunar and solar images, equipment reviews, links, books etc. Articles about the Sun, Moon and Deepsky.
- Equipment, gallery, observations, ETX-70 tips, projects, and links.
Digital Astronomy Gallery
- Images, star enhancement processing, equipment information, and what's new.
Eagles Eye on the Sky
- Monthly guide to what's up in the sky.
The Edge of Nowhere
- Images, events, news, information, games, awards, and links.
How To Learn Astronomy
- Information on how to get started as a hobby.
Rick Costello Space Art Paintings
- Gallery, about the artist, and essays.
The Silicon Sky
- Project links, weather, comet observing, interest links, minor planets, and resources.
- Offers space, astronomy and technology content, including information, education, entertainment and business news.
Space and Telescope.com
- Contains current space news, useful astronomical utilities and information, and amateur images. Includes clickable Messier and Caldwell object tables.
- Blogging the sky one sidereal day at a time.
- What's new, mini-FAQ, and table of contents.
- Equipment, astrophotography, terms, forum, photo archives, chat, and links.
Summer Stargazing - Night Sky in the Northern Hemisphere
- An article written by Philip Harrington.
Sundial, Calendar and Khmer Temples
- Experimental astronomy applied on research of solar orientation of the temples in SE-Asia.
- Practical and educational articles to help the urban and armchair astronomer get the most out of the hobby.
What's Up: The Observatory in Eilat
- This month by month with images and information on the moon, Jupiter, and Saturn.
Usenet sci.astro.amateur -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 7:05:06 UTC -