the entire directory
only in Science/Astronomy
Calendars and Timekeeping
Eclipses, Occultations and Transits
In the Arts
News and Media
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Astronomy and Space
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science: Astronomy, Alternative
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Physics
Science: Technology: Space
This category in other languages:
- Facts and statistical information about planets, moons, constellations, stars, galaxies, and Messier objects.
Astronomical Applications Department, U.S. Naval Observatory
- Computes the position, brightness, and other observable characteristics of celestial bodies, as well as the circumstances of astronomical phenomena. Includes information on calendars and related topics.
Astronomical Optical Interferometry
- The use of multiple telescopes to produce high resolution images - commonly used at most modern observatories. A literature review article.
Astronomical Pseudo-Science: A Skeptic's Resource List
- List of links for those, who want to examine theories that are on the fringe of accepted scientific thought that are related connected to astronomy. A few examples are astrology, UFO's, the "Face" on Mars, and ancient astronaut theory.
- Introductory article provided by Citizendium, a developing encyclopedia project.
Astronomy Education and Outreach
- General astronomy tutorial, education links, web courses, documents at the UCSD Center for Astrophysics and Space Sciences.
Astronomy Facts and Trivia
- Fun facts and trivia relating to astronomy, space, science fiction movies. Most trivia items are submitted by users.
Astronomy for All
- Index with graphics and illustrations about stars, the Solar System, cosmology and Galileo.
- Gives overview of the solar system, the Milky Way galaxy, extrasolar planets, cosmology and astrophotography. Includes images, additional resources, and forums.
- Information and articles on astronomy, space and related topics. Also features a friendly forum and a telescope buyer's FAQ page.
- Astronomical internet resources from the National Radio Astronomy Observatory.
An Atlas of the Universe
- Contains 3D maps of the universe zooming out from the nearest stars to the scale of the galaxy and out to the surrounding superclusters and finally to the scale of the known universe.
- Offers information on astronomy and space science including news, events, blogs, images, videos and links to other sites. It is written and compiled by experts.
Eric Weisstein's World of Astronomy
- A web encyclopedia. Over 500 entries, ranging from definitions to full articles.
- All about infrared astronomy from NASA's infrared astronomy center: Discovery of infrared, what is infrared and infrared astronomy, history, the infrared universe, gallery, activities, discoveries, missions and a lot of links to IR astronomy sites.
Logarithmic Maps of the Universe
- Show universe in terms of distance from Earth center. Includes such things as satellites, planets, stars, nebulae, and galaxies, out to cosmic microwave background radiation from the Big Bang.
- Multi Unit Spectroscopic Explorer. A second generation integral field spectrograph for the VLT. Proposed to European Southern Observatory (ESO) by the Centre de Recherche Astronomique de Lyon (CRAL).
The Naming of Stars
- Leaflet from Royal Greenwich Observatory.
A Review of the Universe: Structures, Evolutions, Observations, and Theories
- A retired physicist surveys the entire extent of the universe touching upon phenomenon from the largest to the smallest size and covering the entire cosmic interval from past to present.
Stars and Planets
- Information about interesting stars and planets in the galaxy, as well as astral bodies outside the Milky Way. Includes photos.
Usenet gac.physics.astronomy -
Usenet nctu.club.astronomy -
Usenet sci.astro -
Usenet uk.sci.astronomy -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2014 at 5:15:11 UTC -