become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sustainable_Agriculture/Organic_Farming
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Sustainable Agriculture: Organic Farming
Biological Pest Control
Fertilizers and Soil Additives
Integrated Pest Management
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Biologicals
Business: Food and Related Products: Organic
Shopping: Food: Organic
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink: Organic Food
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics: Open Pollination
This category in other languages:
- Monthly magazine covering commercial-scale organic and sustainable agriculture.
Biological Control Virtual Information Center
- Biological control is the use of one organism to suppress another. Information on the method from the Center for Integrated Pest Management, NC State University.
- Coordination of European transnational research in organic food and farming.
Core Organic 2
- Information about the European transnational research cooperation project supported by the European Commission. This project runs for three years, 2010-2013 and is coordinated by ICROFS.
Cyber-Help for Organic Farmers
- Information and advice on production, growing, marketing and certification of vegetables, grains, livestock, greenhouses and seeds.
- Grows and packages a line of organic salads and other produce. Includes information about organic farming. Central California.
- Inspection and certification agency for organic, fair trade and good agricultural practices (GAP) standards. Provides information on certification, standards, news and career opportunities.
European Action Plan for Organic Food and Farming
- The project and its partners are introduced, subscription of a newsletter is possible and the national action plans are described.
European Consortium for Organic Animal Breeding (ECO-AB)
- It aims to promote organic agriculture through animal breeding based on the standards and principles of organic farming and directed at the needs of organic farming systems.
Farmers Can Be Heroes
- The Rodale Institute offers a free online course for conventional farmers who want to transition to organic and provides information for consumers to help promote organic farming.
- Independent international certification agency for Fairtrade production processes and products. English and Spanish.
Live Earth Products
- Producers of humates derived from humic shale. Information about marketing the material, and its benefits.
Manas Rural Development Institute
- Indian sustainable community development program designed to encourage the production of healthy organic food with eco-friendly and sustainable conservation practices, based on the ancient science of Vedas.
- Southern California growers of organic vegetables explain the benefits and techniques of organic growing in words and photos.
- World wide operating certification agency for organic manufacturing standards, programs and regulations. Provides links to related sites.
- Information on organic farming resources in Africa, including the African Organic Agriculture Training Manual and the Organic Farming Resource Directory
- A resource for farmers and others seeking reliable information on organic agriculture, published research results, farmer experiences and certification.
Organic Agriculture at FAO
- Provides information on organic agriculture such as work objectives, documents and publications.
Organic Agriculture Information Access
- A collection of historic USDA publications related to organic agriculture, published before 1942.
The Organic Center
- Peer-reviewed scientific studies on the benefits of organic farming.
The Organic Certification Process for Crops
- Provides details of the steps that need to be taken to obtain certification status in the United States.
- Providing certification of organic quality to grower or farmer.
- Open access archive for papers related to research in organic agriculture.
- An overview of organic farming in 25 European countries.
Organic Farmers and Growers Ltd
- Certification and inspection body for the production and processing of organic food in the UK. Technical information, news and events.
- The European Commission provides information to increase awareness of organic farming among consumers in the EU and resources and information for organic producers.
Organic Food Federation
- UK organization offering BRC certification, promoting organic methods and maintaining high standards. Provides information on how to join, news, FAQ and downloads.
Organic Garden Project
- Aims to bring the community of local sustainable food producers together. Provides information about urban farms and gardens that are already in existence as well as ideas for the future of local sustainable food production.
Organic Inputs Evaluation
- The objective of the project is to develop recommendations for harmonized and standardized procedures for the evaluation of plant protection products, as well as for fertilizers and soil conditioners authorized for use in organic agriculture according to Council Regulation 2092/91.
Organic Production and Organic Food: Information Access Tools
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Centre (AFSIC) provides a directory of documents, contacts, research sources, web sites and educational programs.
- Databae with full texts of various international standards for the production of organic products.
Organic Trade Association: Organic Is Worth It
- The OTA’s mission is to promote and protect organic trade, to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy.
- The Uttarakhand Organic Commodity Board aims to encourage organic activities in agriculture, horticulture and animal husbandry throughout the state.
- Danish organic food and farming network. News, companies, facts and organizations.
Organics: The Blurred Vision of ABC's 20/20
- J. Robert Hatherill and Jeff Nelson expose the way that chemical companies use major media outlets to scare the public about the alleged "dangers" of organic foods.
- Provides a searchable database of available organic seeds, vegetative propagation material and seed potatoes for the UK.
Peaceful Valley Farm Supply
- Supplies tools, equipment, and goods to organic gardeners and farmers.
Pig Health: Organic Farming
- Articles on organic bacon, pork and pigmeat production in United Kingdom, Europe and the USA.
Quality Assurance International Organic Certification
- A private, professional service corporation developed for the purpose of verifying the authenticity of food, fiber and other products which are organically grown under a management policy of sustainable agriculture.
- The alliance of certification bodies displays its portfolio of services and the members.
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
- Swiss based coordinating group of researchers for organic agriculture in Europe. Details of research, publications, services and training.
RuralNI: Organic Production
- Portal with information on organic production methods in Northern Ireland.
Soil Foodweb Incorporated
- Soil health laboratory services for organic growers, and information on sustainable agriculture.
Stockfree Organic Services
- Provides information on organic farming without livestock. A panel of experienced farmers and growers offer to answer questions and discuss any issues on this subject.
Tiny Farm Blog
- Daily photo journal of work on a small-scale certified organic vegetable farm growing for the local food market.
- Technology Research Platform for organic food and farming. It integrates views of the organic sector and civil society to represent a broad perspective on research and development priorities that can leverage organic food and farming’s potential to address contemporary challenges. As other European Technology Platforms (ETP) it plays a key role in highlighting where the focus of research and development funding should be placed.
Usenet rec.gardens.ecosystems -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 27, 2013 at 0:29:35 UTC -