the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Sustainable_Agriculture
Biological Pest Management
Reduced Tillage Farming
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Biologicals
Science: Environment: Agriculture
This category in other languages:
A (re)Purposeful Farm
- Blog about moving back to the old family farm with information about sustainable agriculture, rural living, and responsible and humane animal husbandry.
Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
- USDA, National Agricultural Library site about sustainable and organic food production systems and practices.
ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- A sustainable agriculture information center that provides technical assistance to farmers, market gardeners and extension agents on farming topics: sustainable, organic, alternative, crops, livestock, and pest control.
The Beginning Farmer
- Blog about a novice farmer's experiences.
Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association
- U.S. non-profit organization formed to foster knowledge of biodynamic methods of agriculture, horticulture and forestry and undertake educational activities. Produces a journal and promotes CSA.
Carter Center: Agriculture Program
- Provides the tools and means to help farmers in sub-Saharan Africa increase their crop yields through agricultural development.
Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems
- Organization dedicated to increasing ecological sustainability and social justice in the food and agriculture system. Situated at the University of California, Santa Cruz, it undertakes research, education and community outreach and runs an organic garden and farm.
Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems
- A sustainable agriculture research center at the University of Wisconsin. Details of research, local involvement.
Center for Micro Eco-Farming
- Promotes earth-regenerating and socially just mini-farming, with news, articles and resources for the micro eco-farming community.
Centre for Information on Low External Input and Sustainable Agriculture
- Aims for poverty alleviation through the promotion of agro-ecological approaches. Includes a collection of links, book reviews, and other information.
Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- Mission is to contribute to food security and poverty eradication in developing countries through research, partnership, capacity building, and policy support, and promoting sustainable agricultural development based on the environmentally sound management of natural resources.
- A research project that uses participatory videos to promote sustainable agricultural practices in small and marginal farming communities.
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- Mission is to increase understanding of plant biology; apply new knowledge to help sustain productivity in agriculture, forestry and allied fields; facilitate the rapid development and commercialization of promising technologies and products; contribute to the education and training of students, scientists and technicians from around the world.
Grace Factory Farm Project
- Information, ideas, and strategies for activists opposed to factory farming. Topics cover the environmental, health, economic, social and animal welfare costs of large-scale animal production, as well as trends toward sustainable alternatives to factory farms.
Grazing Management - An Ecological Perspective
- Publication edited by Rodney Heitschmidt and Jerry Stuth. Out of print.
GSC Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program in Tanzania
- Project for volunteers to participate in developing sustainable farming methods in Tanzania.
Iowa State University - Sustainable Agriculture Extension Program
- Provides information on events, research, education, links, funding sources, relevant to Iowa.
- Describes objectives, which are to improve social auditing processes in agriculture. Also organizational details and partner information.
The Land Institute
- Aims to develop an agricultural system with the ecological stability of natural grasslands, as well as a high grain yield.
Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
- The center's objectives are to reduce negative impacts of agriculture on natural resources and rural communities, to develop profitable farming systems that conserve natural resources, and to inform the public of new research findings.
Long-Term Research on Agricultural Systems
- Based at UC Davis, LTRAS is a long-term comparison of 10 conventional, organic and alternative cropping systems, both irrigated and nonirrigated.
Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
- A research and education institute for biodynamic, sustainable, and organic agriculture. Staff directory, newsletter, reports, workshop schedule, and news.
Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture
- Partnership between the College of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Sciences at the University of Minnesota and the Sustainers' Coalition. Cooperative effort to develop and promote sustainable agriculture.
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC)
- Organization set up to influence federal agriculture policy. It supports family farms, works to protect natural resources, promote healthy rural communities and provide nutritious and healthy food to consumers.
National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- ATTRA provides an on-line resource for sustainable agriculture and organic farming news, publications, events and funding opportunities. Extensive library of articles and studies, with links to related sites.
- Independently certifies and labels farmers' use of stringent environmental and sustainable growing standards.
The Rodale Institute
- Details of research and promotion of sustainable farming practices.
Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
- International organization of producers, distributors, conservationists and other stakeholders. Includes details of current projects, and resources to download. Based in Switzerland and Malaysia.
Seed and Plant Sanctuary for Canada
- Charitable organization dedicated to the health and vitality of the earth through the preservation and promotion of heritage seeds.
Small Farmer's Journal - Practical Horse Farming
- A journal in support of independent family farmers. Offering information on the use of animal-power, organics and sustainable agriculture. Lynn Miller is editor and publisher
Suman Sahai Blog
- Articles on agricultural themes, climate change, food security, gene patents, IPR and GM issues, from an Indian perspective.
Sustain: the Alliance for better food and farming
- Advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, promote equity and enrich society and culture.
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- Information on sustainable agriculture for producers. Grants available for sustainable agriculture projects.
Sustainable Agriculture: Information Access Tools
- AFSIC's directory of contacts, research sources, databases, Web sites and educational programs related to sustainable agriculture.
Sustainable Animal Production: Workshops, Discussion, Resources
- Download the proceedings of a series of conferences (held October 1999 through October 2000) on future supply and quality of food for humans and animals, animal welfare and health, the effects of animal production on the environment, the influences of new technologies, future animal production sites and global trade.
Sustainable Nutrient Management in Agriculture
- Advisory software for consultants and extension workers to provide farmers with sustainable nutrition advice for their crops and cropping systems (organic and ecological farming).
Sustainable Soil and Water Ltd
- Provider of sustainable farming and environmental solutions using beneficial microorganisms that exist freely in nature.
Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture
- Promotes improved and sustainable farming through better cultivation methods and crop diversification.
- A Chapter of Washington Tilth Association, fosters and promotes ecologically sound sustainable agriculture in the interest of environmental preservation, human health and social equity.
Training for Rural Development: Agricultural and Enterprise Skills for Women
- Information on an international research project to explore the type of training that can help women smallholders be more productive and adaptable.
University of California Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Searchable site with topics including "what is sustainable agriculture?", biologically integrated farming systems, cover crops, earthworms, soil quality, and sustainable agriculture courses, workshops, and events.
- Provides information on this small farm in India including the low cost, organic and natural integrated farming methods used, the alternate energy utilization and the water conservation techniques.
- Provides information about research being conducted by the Altieri Lab at UC Berkeley on the management of non-crop vegetation for the enhancement of natural pest regulation in vineyard agroecosystems.
Washington Sustainable Food and Farming Network
- A grassroots, statewide advocacy organization for sustainable agriculture and family farms in Washington State. Mission, programs, links.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2016 at 6:35:04 UTC -