become an editor
the entire directory
only in Soils/Erosion
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Soil Erosion
Science: Environment: Agriculture
Science: Technology: Civil Engineering: Geotechnical: Soil Erosion
Demonstration Erosion Control Home
- The Demonstration Erosion Control (DEC) project investigates the effectiveness of reducing erosion, sedimentation, and flooding.
Erosion and Soil and Water Conservation Group
- Information on this group based at Wageningen University which focuses on education and research into preventing, reducing or recovering losses of soil, water and plant nutrients.
Erosion processes and modelling
- Provides information on the processes and modelling of raindrop impact induced erosion and the modelling of erosion in catchments (watersheds)
Geoindicators: Soil and Sediment Erosion
- Basic information about erosion patterns, causes, and solutions.
Ground Cover Plants
- Provides details of over 250 types of plants that can be used for ground cover and to prevent erosion.
International Erosion Control Association
- Provides education, resource information and business opportunities for professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry.
National Sedimentation Laboratory
- It emphasizes research dealing with soil erosion; transport and deposition of sediment; movement of chemicals on upland areas and in streams; the impact of agricultural practices, in-stream structures, and bank protection on these processes; water quality; and the ecological well-being of streams.
National Soil Erosion Research Laboratory
- US Department of Agriculture research lab focusing on fundamental erosion process research, erosion control research and delivery of improved erosion prediction technology.
The National Soil Tilth Laboratory
- Research focuses on the areas of soil and water quality, agricultural systems, swine odor and manure management, and agricultural land and water management.
- Chemical agricultural practices are contributing to global warming, climate change, weather pattern disruption, erosion, and starvation.
Permanent Cover Cropping System, Steve Groff, Cedar Meadow Farm
- This site covers innovative practices and cropping strategies to increase profits and greatly reduce soil erosion and pesticides.
Redwood-Cottonwood Rivers Control Area
- Non-regulatory organization that works to enhance and protect the Redwood and Cottonwood Rivers. Journals, technical information, news, events, images, and details of how to get involved.
Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation 2 - Overview of RUSLE2
- Computer program that estimates rates of soil erosion caused by rainfall and associated overland flow. Free download available together with documentation and manuals.
Serious Erosion Areas
- A look at some of the serious erosion areas in the United States.
Soil and Water Conservation Society
- The Soil and Water Conservation Society is an international organization that fosters the science and the art of soil and water conservation to achieve sustained use of land resources.
Soil Erosion Net
- Collection of information on soil erosion from a wide range of scientific disciplines.
Soil Erosion on Farmland
- Online publication from New Zealand government sustainable agriculture program. Intended as a source of information for use by farmers, local government, farmer organisations, farm advisers and others who have an influence on rural land use.
Sustainable Agriculture Tour -- Erosion Control Structures
- Diversion terraces, grassed waterways, surface inlets, and hedgerows are the most common structures used for soil conservation.
USDA-ARS National Soil Erosion Research Laboratory
- Information regarding: Erosion process research, erosion control research, and delivery of improved erosion prediction technology.
Water Erosion Prediction Project (WEPP)
- The WEPP-model, developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is a process-based, distributed model for soil erosion prediction. Model software and documentation can be obtained through this site. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 10:24:15 UTC -