the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Soils
Soil Fertility and Fertilizers
Soil Morphology, Classification and Survey
Products and Services
Home: Gardening: Soil and Additives
Science: Agriculture: Products and Services
Science: Earth Sciences
Science: Environment: Climate Change: Desertification
Science: Environment: Environmental Monitoring: Products and Services: Soil and Sediment
This category in other languages:
Agricultural Chemicals and the Soil
- Provides information on the problem of agricultural chemicals in soil, and the designing of ecologically sound management strategies for dealing with non-productive soils, pests and diseases.
California Soil Resource Laboratory
- Research covers many aspects of soil science including soil genesis and morphology, water quality and constructed wetlands, soil-landform relationships and modeling, watershed-scale soil survey studies and the production of an online soil survey.
Composting and Soils
- Basic information on how to produce and use compost, building compost and worm bins and improving soil health.
Crop and Soil Management
- From Penn State University. Includes chapters on soil management and fertility.
European Soil Data Center
- Portal providing data and information on soils at European level.
- Conference (September 4 - 12, 2004) for soil scientists and practitioners from all to discuss the part played by soils in terrestrial ecosystems. Information about conference aims, details of program, excursions and symposia. Details on fees, accommodation and organization.
- A development system for nitrogen turnover models to simulate the N cycle in arable agriculture. The system consists of modular model components for soil water flow, for soil heat and N transport and for crop growth. Available for download.
Forest Soils Archive
- Information of interest to the forest soils community with a discussion group and links to other sites with forest soils information.
Guidelines for Soil Sampling
- Provides information on taking representative samples, sampling equipment, timing and handling samples.
- Formerly known as Rothamsted Experimental Station; the main site of the Institute of Arable Crops Research. Resources, details of research, and information for the lay public.
ISRIC - World Soil Information
- This is the World Data Center for Soils. Responsible for collecting, archiving, and distributing data and research information.
Management Strategies to Reduce the Rate of Soil Acidification
- Information on the causes of soil acidity, different types of acidity and the effects of various types of fertilizers with some recommended management strategies.
The National Soil Tilth Laboratory
- USDA organization with mission to develop, evaluate, and promote management practices that enhance surface and ground water quality while conserving soil and water resources. Site has software, selected publications, staff directory, and information on current research.
Natural Resources Conservation Service, NRCS
- Formerly the U.S. Soil Conservation Service. NCRS program areas include soil survey, conservation assistance, farmland protection, grazing lands conservation, and watershed protection.
- From the Natural Resources Conservation Service (United States). An extensive collection of articles and resources.
Nutrient Content of Crops
- Provides a software tool that estimates nutrients removed from the soil by different crops.
Physical Characteristics of Growing Mixes
- Ohio State University Extension fact sheet explaining texture and structure, aeration and water retention, and how container shape and watering routines affect performance.
- Educative information about what soil is, how it is formed and how it is lost. Focus on soil conservation and soil ecology.
Soil Biological Communities
- Educational site describing soil and the life forms in it. basic introduction to the soil making process. Special pages for Kids.
Soil Chemistry at the University of New Hampshire
- Course syllabus, goals and expectations.
Soil Compaction and Drainage
- Article discussing the damage that can be caused to soils through shallow and deep compaction, what research has shown, and some ways to counteract the problem.
- Indian Agricultural Resources Portal for farmers and experts in soil management.
Soil Physics and Soil Hydrology Program
- Details of courses, research and faculty at The Laboratory of Soil Physics and Soil Hydrology, University of Tokyo.
Soil Sampling for Precision Agriculture
- Provides guidance on basic sampling principles to provide the necessary information for variable rate fertilizer application. [PDF]
Soil Science Education
- Aims to foster awareness about soil and its importance to life. With practical and illustrated soil science activities for school children.
Soil Water Management
- Factsheets, publications about irrigation, drainage and erosion control from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- A comprehensive resource for education on soils in primary and secondary schools. Soil basic properties, geography, functions, threats, activities and careers.
- Photographic image collection and archive of soils around the world classified by categories and provided by the National Soil Resources Institute (Cranfield University) and the British Society of Soil Science.
Soils Education and Research
- Mississippi State University. Introduction to fundamental properties of soils, soil fertility and fertilization, as well as soil management and conservation.
Soils of Arid Regions of the United States and Israel
- Papers on soils of arid regions, how they develop, and how they are classified, with copies in Hebrew. In addition, there is a book chapter on managing soils for sustainable land use and a glossary of terms. Links to other sites with soils information. Lists of soil surveys for the United States.
- Categorized list of links to online soil science resources.
Test Methods for the Examination of Composting and Compost
- Scientifically based laboratory manual that addresses all major composting parameters. Includes test methods and sample preparation protocols for the analysis of all compost types, including MSW, yard waste, and biosolids composts.
Understanding the Soil Processes
- Describes the biological and chemical processes of soil formation in simple terms.
Warren Soil and Water Conservation District
- Ohio government agency dedicated to the conservation of soil and water resources. Website contains useful information on conservation techniques for farmland and rural and suburban communities.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2015 at 9:05:11 UTC -