become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
- A pan-African research organization aiming to contribute to poverty alleviation and food security in Africa through research, development and partnership activities.
Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI)
- Provider of high technology research and analytical and diagnostic testing services to government, non-governmental and commercial organisations in the UK.
Agricultural Research Service - Pacific West Area
- Details of research programs, articles, and staff listings for this ARS area covering the western USA.
Agricultural Research Service, USDA
- The main in-house research arm of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Research news, find-a-researcher, consumer and educational information on a wide range of topics in food, agriculture, pest management, and related areas.
Agriculture Victoria Services
- AVS offers a range of technologies and the scientific capability of Victoria’s Department of Primary Industries. Services include protection and management of intellectual property rights.
Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Beltsville, Maryland
- Details of the institute, staff, its laboratories and their activities, links.
Appalachian Fruit Research Station
- Includes programs, research, history, and staff.
Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station
- Conducts basic and applied research to assist producers and processors of food and fiber. Programs include soybean, rice, wheat and canola research.
BGCI: National Botanical Research Institute
- Detailing functions, achievements and research conducted on at NBRI, Lucknow, India.
Brandon Research Centre
- An agricultural research centre in Manitoba. Areas of activity include barley breeding, beef production, and land resource management.
- Research in agricultural molecular biology and related fields.
Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute
- Technical assistance, development and technology transfer in agricultural sciences. Based in St. Augustine, Trinidad.
Center for Applied Horticultural Research
- Non-profit organization in Vista, California, USA aiming to address, through research, the practical issues the nursery and floriculture industry face.
Central Avian Research Institute (CARI)
- India's national research institute on poultry science provides information on research, education and extension for the Indian poultry industry.
Central Rice Research Institute
- Conducts basic, applied and adaptive research on crop improvement and resource management for increasing and stabilizing rice productivity. Cuttack, Orissa, India.
Centre for Rural Policy Research, University of Exeter
- Undertakes research into agricultural economics topics. Includes information on the Centre, the people, projects, publications and research opportunities.
Crop Research Institute
- Undertakes research into crop production and agroecology, and plant genetics, health and nutrition, with a network of experimental stations in the Czech Republic.
Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre
- Undertakes research into cereals and oilseeds in Canada.
French National Institute for Agricultural Research
- INRA undertakes research in the fields of agriculture, food and nutrition, food safety, environment and land management with regard to sustainable development. In English, French and Spanish.
- The German Federal Research Institute for Animal Health undertakes research into various aspects of animal health and husbandry. In German and English.
Gilat Research Center
- Comprises research units that concentrate primarily on the issues facing farmers in Israel's Negev: crop cultivation, soil, and plant protection.
Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute
- Applies statistical methods to agricultural production, research and development.
Institute for Adriatic Crops and Karst Reclamation
- Basic and applied research work in the field of agriculture, food technology and forestry. Croatia.
Institute of Agricultural Economics
- At São Paulo, Brazil. Undertakes socio-economic research on agriculture and cattle breeding. In Portuguese and English.
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS)
- Research and education center at Aberystwyth University, UK. Research includes grass, clover and forage production, plant science, soil science, animal nutrition, the environment, agriculture and ecology.
International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
- ICARDA is based in Aleppo, Syria, and undertakes research into the improvement of barley, lentils, faba beans, durum and bread wheats, chickpeas, pasture and forage legumes and farming systems, and the rehabilitation and management of rangelands.
International Center for Tropical Agriculture
- CIAT undertakes research into eco-efficient agriculture with the aim of eradicating hunger and improving livelihoods.
International Centre for Research in Organic Food Systems
- ICROFS is a collaborative project between research groups in different institutions. It promotes, communicates and coordinates research into organic food systems.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Seeks to increase agricultural production in a sustainable way, in order to improve the nutritional status and well-being of people in sub-Saharan Africa. Conducts research and training, provides information, collects and exchanges germplasm, and encourages transfer of technology, in partnership with African national agricultural research and development programs.
International Livestock Research Institute
- ILRI undertakes research into animal health, genetics, forages, dairy smallholder systems, policy, impact assessment and production systems, focusing on developing countries.
International Rice Research Institute
- IRRI is a research and education center established to reduce poverty and hunger, improve the health of rice farmers and consumers, and ensure environmental sustainability
International Trypanotolerance Centre
- A livestock-based international research Institute to serve West Africa. Details of research and activities, news, articles, and staff. Located Banjul, The Gambia.
Livestock Research Institute
- Undertakes research into the genetics, breeding and production of livestock and poultry in Taiwan. In Chinese and English.
Louisiana State University Agricultural Center
- Plays an integral role in supporting agricultural industries, sustaining rural areas and encouraging efficient use of resources through research and educational programs conducted by its experiment station and extension service.
MacKillop Farm Management Group
- A producer driven non-profit organization undertaking research and extension programmes in South East South Australia. It is a partnership between the farming community, research and extension agencies and agribusiness.
NAS/NRC Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources
- National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council. Research and reports on topics including animal nutrition and pesticide management.
National Agricultural Research Foundation
- N.AG.RE.F. is a research institute in Greece. It aims to improve the competitiveness of Hellenic agricultural products in the international market. In Greek and English.
National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science
- Undertakes research into increasing the production of safe and high quality animal products and improving the self-sufficiency rate of feed by utilizing land resources effectively. Japanese and English.
Nebraska Agricultural Experiment Station
- Research agency of the University of Nebraska's Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Includes information on the research being undertaken, student programs, faculty and staff.
- Israeli research institute studying aromatic and medicinal plants, beef cattle, cucurbits and molecular genetics, entomology and biological control, environmental horticulture, pomology, soil, water and environment and weed science.
- Promotes collaboration between Wageningen University and Research Centre, and partner institutes and networks in other countries. Features news, events, information on research, and policy briefs.
Oxford Tobacco Research Station
- Aims to increase tobacco and crop production efficiency, tobacco quality, and to identify crop management systems that conserve and protect water.
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC)
- An agricultural research organization conducting and coordinating research in agricultural sciences.
Philippine Rice Research Institute
- Undertakes research and development on rice farming systems, technology and policy-making. Site includes information about rice, about the institute, research, and resources.
Plant Research International
- Undertakes research into genetics and reproduction, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, bioinformatics, crop protection, crop ecology and agrosystems. At Wageningen University, Netherlands.
Scottish Crop Research Institute
- Conducts research into plant molecular biology, virology, nematology, pathology, physiology and metabolism.
Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center
- Conducts research aimimg to improve the productivity of important southern crops and enhance the safety of meat products derived from livestock and poultry.
University of Nebraska Panhandle Research and Extension Center
- Agricultural research and extension facility in Scottsbluff serving the needs of Western Nebraska. Information about staff, research, crops, and extension offices.
Water Management Research (USDA)
- Develops management practices for irrigation, and for agricultural chemical applications, that protect water quality. Colorado.
West Central Research and Extension Center
- Information on the research centre, the staff and their research interests and links to the county extensions.
Western Pacific Tropical Research Center
- Provides information on research being undertaken, news, the Guam Aquaculture Development and Training Center and experiment stations.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 12:35:08 UTC -