become an editor
the entire directory
only in Practices_and_Systems/Irrigation
Practices and Systems
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Equipment and Supplies: Irrigation Equipment
Business: Chemicals: Agrochemicals
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies: Site Construction: Irrigation Equipment
Home: Gardening: Landscaping: Irrigation
Science: Agriculture: Soils
Science: Environment: Water Resources
Shopping: Home and Garden: Garden Accessories: Irrigation
Center Pivot Irrigation Systems
- Blog concerned with these irrigation systems and their components. Also provides news about irrigation and agriculture.
Digital Drip Designer
- Calculations for designing trickle irrigation systems for trees and row crops.
ESI Environmental Sensors Inc.
- Manufactures irrigation instrumentation for monitoring and controlling water.
FAO: Water Resources, Development and Management Service
- Promotes efficient use and conservation of water resources to achieve food security and sustainable agriculture and rural development.
- Explains what fertigation is, the system setup, the crop infrastructure and the crop elements. Offers a manual and practical fertigation videos.
Free Landscape Sprinkler Irrigation System Design Tutorial
- Describes what information to collect, what equipment one would need, and determine pipe size requirements.
International Water Management Institute
- Contains information about irrigation systems and better water management.
- Covers a large number of topics including evapotranspiration, fertigation, irrigation practices and microirrigation. From the University of Florida IFAS Extension.
The Irrigation Association
- Updates on irrigation equipment. Handbooks and tips.
Irrigation Association of Australia
- Provides information about the irrigation industry and standard practices.
Irrigation Training and Research Center
- University web site. Focusing on irrigation training and research.
Subsurface Drip Irrigation Demonstration and Research Project
- University of Arizona. Subsurface drip irrigation demonstration and research project for the purpose of evaluating and disseminating information.
Tanks of South India
- Provides information on these water harvesting and storage systems found in most parts of South India which serve as a source of water for humans, cattle and agriculture.
- Texas Water Resource Institute. Has articles and links about irrigation and water management.
Water Quality Handbook for Nurseries
- Information on nursery management practices including water quality, best management, nutritional management, irrigation, IPM, pesticides, capturing and recycling water, and doing an environmental audit. [PDF]
- Provides information on water management and usage, simple irrigation systems.
WCA infoNET - Water Conservation and Use in Agriculture
- Publications, documents and data, computer programs, and discussion groups on the subjects of water, irrigation and drainage.
Weather Monitoring and Irrigation Control
- Remote data acquisition for weather monitoring and irrigation control. Also, water management, pest management, plant disease prediction.
Wetland Reservoir Subirrigation Systems
- Article describes a system comprised of a wetland and a water storage reservoir linked to a network of subsurface pipes used at different times to either drain or irrigate crops through the root zone.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 8:05:04 UTC -