become an editor
the entire directory
only in Practices_and_Systems/Dryland_Farming
Practices and Systems
Direct Seeding: The Natural Solution for Revegetating Arid Lands
- Information from the Eden Foundation on using perennials to provide a permanent vegetative cover into which annuals can be seeded.
Dryland Farming Organisation in West Asia and North Africa
- Provides information on a number of innovative ideas such as the use of medic pastures, with case studies in development and a small farmer centre.
Drylands Coordination Group
- Network of various non-governmental organizations aiming to develop techniques and approaches for the improvement of agriculture in the Sahel. English and French.
ICRISAT - International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- Activities and details of an organisation working on sustainable ecological farming in Africa and India.
Saline Agriculture Research Centre
- SARC undertakes research into salt tolerant plants, especially cereals, using both conventional and modern genetic means. Includes details of research, programs, completed and current projects and training courses. Pakistan.
- Information from the Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture on land use and degradation in low rainfall areas.
Transformation of Desertified Land in the Grazing-Farming Interlaced Belt of Northern China
- China is suffering from large scale and severe desertification. This article discusses the causes of the problem and examines possible solutions. [PDF]
- On-line manual for the design and construction of water harvesting schemes for agricultural production.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2016 at 5:35:11 UTC -