become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pests_and_Diseases/Weeds
Pests and Diseases
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Invasive Species: Terrestrial: Plants
Environmental Weeds in Australia
- Brief introduction to some major environmental weeds in Australia, with photos.
European Weed Research Society
- International organization which promotes and co-ordinates scientific research into all aspects of weed science. Provides details of membership, working groups, meetings and the journal, Weed Research.
Identification of Vine Weeds in Florida Citrus
- Photographs and identifying features of the commonly occurring climbing weeds.
Iowa State Weed Science
- Detailed information and articles covering all aspects of agricultural weed science.
King County Noxious Weed List
- Weed identification and control in Washington State, USA.
Management of Problematic Aquatic Weeds in Africa
- Information from the FAO on this subject with particular reference to water hyacinth, water lettuce and water fern.
Midwest Aqua Care
- Midwest Aqua Care of Minnesota provides aquatic weed control and pond weed control products and services for lake and pond property owners.
National Weeds Strategy - Weeds of National Significance
- Australian site promoting key weed policies, regulations, current issues, national initiatives, research, extension training and personnel.
New Jersey Agricultural Weed Gallery
- Includes brief details, and photographs of the important weeds of NE United States.
Noxious Weeds in the US and Canada
- Searchable database of the noxious weed lists for all U.S. states and six southern provinces of Canada.
Pacific North West Weed Management Handbook
- Information on dealing with weeds found in this region including a weed identification image collection.
Principles of Sustainable Weed Management for Croplands
- Article discussing several alternatives to conventional tillage systems, including allelopathy, intercropping, crop rotations and a weed-free cropping design.
Procedures for Weed Risk Assessment
- Information from the FAO on what should be done prior to the importation of plants to evaluate the likelihood of them becoming nuisance weeds. [PDF]
Turf and Amenity Weeds
- Photographs of weed species commonly found in the UK and information on herbicides from Bayer Environmental Science.
Weed Definitions and FAQs
- Information from the NSW Department of Primary Industries in Australia on weeds classed as noxious that need to be eliminated, those that threaten the environment and agricultural weeds.
- Key and species accounts for 172 species from the University of Illinois.
Weed Management for Developing Countries
- Information from the FAO on improved weed management, problem weeds in crop and non-crop situations and management options and perspectives.
Weed Research and Information Center
- An interdisciplinary collaboration that fosters research in Weed Management and facilitates distribution of associated knowledge for the benefit of agriculture and for the preservation of natural resources.
- Australian Weeds Committee site promoting key weed policies, regulations, current issues, national initiatives, research, extension training and personnel.
- Information on Australian weeds with guides to identification and control.
Weeds Society of Western Australia
- Includes scientists, consultants, company representatives, conservationists, other practitioners and members of the public who have an interest in weed management
Western Society of Weed Science
- Organization that aims to foster and encourage education and research in weed science. Provides details of membership, meetings, newsletters, education and events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 16:35:08 UTC -