become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pests_and_Diseases/Weeds
Pests and Diseases
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Invasive Species: Terrestrial: Plants
Environmental Weeds in Australia
- Brief introduction to some major environmental weeds in Australia, with photos.
European Weed Research Society
- International organization which promotes and co-ordinates scientific research into all aspects of weed science. Provides details of membership, working groups, meetings and the journal, Weed Research.
Identification of Vine Weeds in Florida Citrus
- Photographs and identifying features of the commonly occurring climbing weeds.
Iowa State Weed Science
- Detailed information and articles covering all aspects of agricultural weed science.
King County Noxious Weed List
- Weed identification and control in Washington State, USA.
Management of Problematic Aquatic Weeds in Africa
- Information from the FAO on this subject with particular reference to water hyacinth, water lettuce and water fern.
New Jersey Agricultural Weed Gallery
- Includes brief details, and photographs of the important weeds of NE United States.
Noxious Weeds in the US and Canada
- Searchable database of the noxious weed lists for all U.S. states and six southern provinces of Canada.
- Information from the NSW Department of Primary Industries in Australia on weeds classed as noxious that need to be eliminated, those that threaten the environment and agricultural weeds.
Pacific Northwest Weed Management Handbook
- Information on dealing with weeds found in this region including a weed identification image collection.
Principles of Sustainable Weed Management for Croplands
- Article discussing several alternatives to conventional tillage systems, including allelopathy, intercropping, crop rotations and a weed-free cropping design.
Procedures for Weed Risk Assessment
- Information from the FAO on what should be done prior to the importation of plants to evaluate the likelihood of them becoming nuisance weeds. [PDF]
- Key and species accounts for 172 species from the University of Illinois.
Weed Management for Developing Countries
- Information from the FAO on improved weed management, problem weeds in crop and non-crop situations and management options and perspectives.
Weed Research and Information Center
- An interdisciplinary collaboration that fosters research in Weed Management and facilitates distribution of associated knowledge for the benefit of agriculture and for the preservation of natural resources.
- Australian Weeds Committee site promoting key weed policies, regulations, current issues, national initiatives, research, extension training and personnel.
Weeds Society of Western Australia
- Includes scientists, consultants, company representatives, conservationists, other practitioners and members of the public who have an interest in weed management
Western Society of Weed Science
- Organization that aims to foster and encourage education and research in weed science. Provides details of membership, meetings, newsletters, education and events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 22, 2016 at 16:06:13 UTC -