become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pests_and_Diseases/Animal_Pests
Pests and Diseases
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases: Animal Pests
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Equipment and Supplies: Pest and Disease Control
Home: Homeowners: Pest Control
Science: Biology: Zoology
Shopping: Home and Garden: Pest Control
Ant Baits: A Least Toxic Control
- University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County factsheet on using baits to control ants found indoors.
- University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County factsheet on controlling ants found in and around the home.
Ant Trails: A Key to Management with Baits
- Ants use odor trails to guide them to food sources that scout ants have found. This article describes the positioning and use of bait stations to control these ants.
- Information on the several species of ants that are a pest round homes, their identification, biology and control.
Awe-Struck Wildlife Solutions Inc.
- Humane wildlife removal, prevention and relocation in Ontario, Canada. Species controlled include skunks, beavers, raccoons and squirrels.
- Nationwide bee removal company which offers honey bee removal and wasp control for residential and commercial structures throughout the United States.
- Non harmful bird control products using recordings of bird distress calls to repel birds.
Border Control Bird Dogs
- Based in Ontario, this organisation offers a service designed to prevent problem geese and turkeys from settling and nesting.
Critter Safe: Humane Wildlife Control Solutions
- Offers a humane wildlife management option using non-lethal, no-trap, release on-site or one-way doors to solve animal nuisance problems.
D&R Technologies LLC
- Offers electronic bat control devices and provides information about the species of bat found in each US state and how they can be repelled.
The Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus) in the Home, Yard, and Garden
- Account of the problems caused by this mammal, and how it may be controlled and managed.
Geese Off Inc.
- Humane Canada goose control service using trained Border Collies in the northeast US.
- Training border collies to control goose problems on golf courses.
Gona-con: Birth Control for Deer
- U.S. Wildlife Services provides information on a field test of an immunocontraceptive vaccine for deer. [PDF]
Goose Control Technology of N.J.
- Information and services (such as egg treatment, removal and harvest and habitat management programs) for the control of nuisance Canada geese.
Goose Runners: Humane Goose Control
- Environmentally safe form of Canada goose control using highly trained Border Collies.
- This repeller uses actual alert and alarm calls of Canada Geese in order to move them on.
- This UK business offers a very dilute, nutrient based spray which provides a solution to crop damage caused by grazing rabbits, deer, pigeons and geese.
Home Pest Control
- Provides advice on how to save money and do your own home pest control.
Imported Fire Ants
- Research and management of the fire ant from Texas Agricultural Experiment Station and other sources.
Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management
- Non-profit organization providing research-based information on how to responsibly handle wildlife damage problems.
Managing Mosquitoes in an Agricultural Situation
- Mosquitoes can be a public nuisance and this article discusses various methods of controlling them.
Newman's Wildlife Control Service
- Offers to catch and remove nuisance wild animals from Connecticut homes and businesses. Includes information on squirrels, raccoons, skunks and other animals.
Nuisance Wildlife Removal
- Provides safe, effective and humane solutions to all nuisance animal problems in private homes and commercial properties throughout West Central Florida.
Rodents: A Gnawing Problem
- Article describing the problems rats cause, their control by chemicals and their management under an IPM program.
S & S Professional Wildlife Control Services, Inc.
- Canadian goose management solutions.
Sahel Resources: Desert Locust Meteorological Monitoring
- Information on the desert locust (Schistocerca Gregaria) which represents a major risk factor for food security in northern Africa, including a record of recent rainfall as this has been found to influence the development of plague years.
The Skunk Whisperer
- Offers humane animal control services, including nuisance critter removal, eviction, exclusion, wild animal problem prevention, structure damage and attic repair without needlessly killing wildlife. Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
Tennessee Valley Wildlife Control
- Offers problem animal removal, relocation and control in Tennessee and Alabama. Provides details of the species dealt with and the services offered for beavers, coyotes, foxes and bobcats.
United Bat Control
- Full service organization that specializes in professional bat exclusion, removal of colonies, Histoplasmosis remediation, sanitizing and odor control.
Victoria Wildlife Management
- Offers management of pest animals, native animals, the setting up and managing of wildlife reserves and zoo animal control in Victoria, Australia.
Voles and Meadow Mice
- Description, biology and elimination methods including baits, traps, and repellents.
- Factsheet from Clemson University covers the principles of controlling animal pests, including squirrels, bats, skunks, snakes, moles, voles, deer, rats/mice, chipmunks and groundhogs.
Wildlife Damage Control
- Extensive information on the responsible management of damage caused by raccoons, skunks, squirrels, chipmunks, bats, opossums, beavers, woodchucks, coyotes, moles, voles, mice and pigeons.
Wildlife Damage Management
- Information from Cornell University on ways of preventing deer, woodchucks, rabbits, raccoons and birds from damaging crops.
- Provides a directory of professional wildlife trappers in the US including a comprehensive listing, by state and city, of experts in the field of nuisance wildlife control.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2014 at 19:24:06 UTC -