the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Integrated Pest Management
For Specific Crops
Business: Chemicals: Agrochemicals: Pesticides
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Commercial Contractors: Pest Control
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Home: Homeowners: Pest Control
Science: Biology: Botany: Plant Pathology
Science: Biology: Microbiology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Arthropoda
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Invasive Species
Shopping: Home and Garden: Pest Control
Society: Issues: Environment: Health
Actron: Integrated Fly Management
- Multi-media instruction on the problem of flies with particular attention to their role in the transmission of foodborne illness.
Agrichemical and Environmental News
- A monthly newsletter on pest management and environmental issues from Washington State University. Includes IPM, biocontrol, organic and chemical management of weeds, diseases, insects and other crop pests.
Agricultural Research Service: Plant Diseases
- Outlines National Program 303, the aim of which is to develop and improve ways to reduce crop losses caused by plant diseases in the United States.
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- Part of U.S. Department of Agriculture. Site provides extensive information on animal and plant health/disease topics, USDA regulations, control of invasive species, agricultural chemicals, and related public health issues.
Armillaria Root Rot of Trees and Shrubs
- Factsheet on the serious fungal disease caused by Armillaria mellea, the signs and symptoms, disease cycle and control, with lists of susceptible and resistant species.
- Offers flytraps, as an effective and environmentally friendly way to reduce horse fly and deer fly populations. Wisconsin.
Center for Plant Health Science Technology
- The scientific support organization for the Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) division of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). Works to identify and evaluate pathways used by invasive plant pests and weeds that threaten American agriculture and natural resources.
Colletotrichum dot org
- A weblog for those interested in research into anthracnose caused by colletotrichum species.
- The Home Grown Cereal Authority in the UK provides a service monitoring disease levels in winter wheat, winter oilseed rape, spring beans, winter barley and potatoes.
Department of Entomology at Volcani ARO
- Descriptions of the research undertaken in insect management, taxonomy, ecology, toxicology and control.
- Video documentaries on the biology and behavior of arthropod pests and natural arthropod enemies available to purchase.
Environmental Pest Control
- Biological alternatives to the use of poisonous chemicals. Site provides contact details.
European House Borer
- The Western Australian Department of Agriculture describes this insect pest and the damage it causes to treated pine structures. Includes maps of infested areas, details of control measures, news and FAQ.
Exotic and Invasive Pests
- Provides information on insects and other arthropods, plant diseases, weeds and unwanted aquatic species that have arrived in California from elsewhere in the world.
- Large collection of information sheets on insects, arachnids, and nematodes occurring in Florida, arranged by common name, scientific name, and crop or habitat.
Fungicide Resistance Action Committee
- FRAC works to prolong the effectiveness of fungicides liable to encounter resistance problems and to limit crop losses should resistance appear.
- The Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique provides a catalogue of crop diseases, a glossary of terms used in plant pathology and details of each crop and its main problems. In French and English.
Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC)
- Information about what IRAC is with useful links, news and up coming events.
Interpretation of Recommendations for Fungicide and Bactericide Usage
- Publication in question and answer format offering practical guidance. [PDF]
Journal for Plant Diseases and Plant Protection
- Scientific Journal of the German Society of Plant Protection and Plant Health.
- Offers high-quality reagents for the detection of plant diseases, and diagnostic testing services.
Mosquito Links by Mosquito Solutions
- List of links recommended to anyone interested in mosquito entomology, mosquito control or just plain mosquito facts.
NAPIS Pest Tracker
- Pest Tracker, from the National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS), publishes distribution maps for pests of agricultural and forest commodities and provides links to pest news and information.
National Plant Diagnostic Network
- This network was established to link plant and animal disease diagnostic facilities across the United States so as to enhance national agricultural security by quickly detecting introduced pests and pathogens.
Natural Pest Control
- Links and information regarding natural pest control and environment friendly alternatives to chemicals.
Online Information Service for Non-Chemical Pest Management in the Tropics
- OISAT aims to reduce the use of hazardous pesticides and increase support for community-based control over producing a sustainable food supply.
Pacific Northwest Pest Management Handbooks
- Information about prevention and treatment of plant diseases, weeds, and insects that occur in the northwestern area of the United States. From the Oregon State University.
Pest Control Portal
- Listings of jobs, equipment, companies, training and products.
Pest Management and Identification
- Guidelines and information on pest and disease control and management, organised by crop plant. From University of California.
Pesticide Policy Project
- Promotes development and testing methodologies for crop protection policy reform, and provides information on alternative crop protection methods.
PestWeb - Pest Control Industry Website
- Specializing in links to pest control associations, education resources, government resources, manufacturers, distributors, industry news, products, online industry training and MSDS and Label viewing.
Phytosanitary Alert System
- The North American Plant Protection Organization provides up-to-date information on pest situations of significance in North America. In English and Spanish.
Plant Disease Central
- Detailed descriptions of crop diseases commonly occurring in the western corn belt. Crops covered include corn, sorghum, wheat, soybean, dry bean and sugar beet. University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Plant Health, Pests and Diseases
- The Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries provides information on potentially harmful plant pests and diseases in Queensland, with a disease diagnosis service, information service and plant health publications.
Plant Health: Plant Protection and Quarantine
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service provide a program to safeguard agriculture and natural resources. It provides information on pests, plant imports and exports, permits and biosecurity.
Plant Nematode Problems and their Control in the Near East Regions
- Various papers on nematodes and their control, provided by the FAO, with reports from individual countries in the region.
The Study of Plant Disease Epidemics
- Details of a book of this name which deals with the study of the temporal and spatial dynamics of plant diseases in populations.
Top Insect Pests of Georgia
- Information on soil, foliage feeding and sucking insects, weevils, borers and exotics, with, for each, a photograph and details of its life cycle, the damage caused and control measures.
Whiteflies: Control of Whiteflies
- Information on whitefly biology, the harm these insects cause, particularly under glass, and products and methods for controlling them.
- Provides information on whiteflies (Aleyrodidae) important to agriculture with a species index and details of their world distribution and host plants.
The World’s Staple Crops and their Principal Diseases
- A list of important crops and the fungal, viral, nematode, bacterial and oomycete diseases that affect them.
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 13, 2014 at 21:04:52 UTC -