become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Organizations
Alpha Gamma Rho
National FFA Organization
Pests and Diseases
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Associations
This category in other languages:
Agribusiness Association of Iowa Foundation
- The AAI Foundation promotes research projects, member education, stewardship and scholarships. Provides information on events, education, environmental stewardship and the scholarships and their past recipients.
Agricultural Board of Estonia
- Provides information on the tasks of the different departments which include the Organic Farming, Seed, Variety, Plant Protection, Plant Health and the Fertilizers Departments.
Agricultural Drainage Management Coalition
- Organization promoting controlled outlet land drainage as an environmental best management practice, improving water quality by reducing nutrient runoff through plastic field tile.
Agricultural Learning Repositories Task Force
- Community initiative that aims to promote the development of a global infrastructure to facilitate sharing and reusing of learning resources on topics related to agricultural and rural development worldwide.
Agriculture & Energy Resource Center, Inc.
- Non-profit organization promoting sustainable agriculture and renewable energy in northern Wisconsin and the Western Lake Superior region.
Agronomic Science Foundation
- Conducts scholarship and grant programs and issues awards intended to help further the role of the agronomic, crop, and soil sciences in global crop production, and to promote human welfare within a sustainable environment.
Alpha Zeta Fraternity
- A professional fraternity of men and women whose educational objectives and/or careers fall within the broadly defined field of agriculture. United States.
American Agri Women (AAW)
- National coalition works on areas of interest, such as governmental economic policy and environmental issues. Page lists the mission statement, affiliate organizations, meetings, committee chairpersons and executive officers.
American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Professional and technical organization of members worldwide interested in engineering knowledge and technology for food and agriculture and associated industries.
American Society of Agronomy
- Dedicated to the development of agriculture enabled by science, in harmony with environmental and human values.
Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions
- Aims to promote the development of NARS in the Asia-Pacific region through inter-regional and inter-institutional cooperation. Provides information on publications, directories, news and events.
The Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture
- Provides programs for researchers, policymakers and university faculties in developing countries to strengthen sustainable agricultural practices through scientific training and collaborative research.
- Collects and shares knowledge about organic pesticides, biodiversity and genetics. Publisher of books and journals.
Center for the Application of Molecular Biology to International Agriculture
- CAMBIA, a non profit biotech research organisation, giving a company profile, details of research undertaken, a bibliography and contact details.
- French agricultural research centre working for international development. Provides news and details of its worldwide operations, services and products and seeks projects in which to participate.
Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- Information on services and resources provided as well as special events.
The Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- An informal association of public and private sector donors that supports a network of various international agricultural research centers. Page includes meeting schedule and list of publications.
Council for Agricultural Science and Technology
- Assembles, interprets, and communicates science-based information regionally, nationally, and internationally on food, fiber, agricultural, natural resource, and related societal and environmental issues. Topics include animal science, food science, agricultural technology, education, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection.
Crop Science Society of America
- An educational and scientific organization comprised of more than 4,700 members dedicated to the advancement of crop science. Members in more than 100 countries.
Dr. Prem Nath Agricultural Science Foundation
- A charitable trust established to assist Indian agricultural scientists to address agricultural problems for the benefit of developing countries.
- Global initiative to enhance sustainable agricultural development and food security by the use of information, communication, and associated technologies. Provides information on resources, articles, forums and news. [English, French and Spanish]
ESA - European Society for Agronomy
- For agronomists, researchers and teachers who are concerned with basic and applied science in agronomy: the relationships between crops, soils, climates and agricultural practices, and between agriculture and the environment.
European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE)
- Information about the organisation, the European Review of Agricultural Economics, events, and news.
European Confederation of Agronomists Associations
- News, agenda, policy, archives, and links.
European Crop Protection Association
- ECPA represents the pest control industry and promotes modern agricultural technology in the context of sustainable development. Includes news and information on pests and pesticides.
European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture
- Includes organisation newsletters and archives, conference and event information,
Farmers Advancement & Cultivating Effort ( FACE )
- FACE Trust is a not for profit, non-governmental organization that aims to improve people's lives in Bangladesh by providing information and applying expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment.
- Social networking community for farmers to enable them to buy, sell, educate and explore information and resources that support a local food system and the family farm.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Site has many information resources and links on agricultural topics, as well as hunger, sustainable development, and related matters.
- Non-governmental organization that sets voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the globe. It aims to reassure consumers about how food is produced by minimising detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations and reducing the use of chemical inputs.
- Network of European national organizations aiming to coordinate research on the application of information and communication technology (ICT) and robotics in agriculture and related environmental fields.
Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture
- Promotes the sustainable development of agriculture, food security and the prosperity of rural communities. Includes information on trade, technology and education.
International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists
- Aims to disseminate information to achieve a more productive and sustainable use of land, water and renewable natural resources. Provides information on membership, projects and services.
International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists: African Chapter
- IAALD is a forum of individuals and organizations involved in creating, capturing, accessing and distributing information and knowledge concerning agriculture and rural development in Africa.
International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences
- IAAS aims to promote the exchange of knowledge, information and ideas among students through seminars, working camps, international meetings, exchange weeks and an international exchange program.
International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage
- News, profile and publications of the non-profit organisation working to improve water and land management by the application of irrigation, drainage and flood management techniques, in English and French.
International Network for Bamboo and Rattan
- Knowledge dissemination for rural areas and industries on bamboo and rattan conservation and use.
International Network for Information Technology in Agriculture
- Includes a list of publications, events, and information on allied organisations.
- Research and development management company specializing in registration and re-registration of agricultural compounds.
Praktijkonderzoek Plant & Omgeving B.V.
- Dutch center for advice and research at the interface between science and practice in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, and the environment.
Procinorte: Task Force on Tropical and Subtropical Fruits
- Organization created in 1999 to improve links between Mexico, Canada and the United States for research issues related to quality, safety and traceability of tropical and subtropical fruits.
San Joaquin Valley Quality Cotton Growers Association
- Organization of local growers and ginners of cotton. Directory of member companies and associates. Library of publications and market reports.
The Slow Food Foundation for Biodiversity
- Promotes and funds projects to preserve "heritage" crops and livestock strains as elements of traditional foodways.
Society for Economic Botany
- Fosters scientific research, education, and related activities on the past, present, and future uses of plants, and the relationship between plants and people.
Society for Range Management
- For the scientific study, protection and management of rangeland resources, mainly grazing lands managed by ecological principles.
Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR)
- Group of institutions and individuals interested in agricultural research for developing countries presents an overview of current activities and stakeholders.
Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA)
- Advances agricultural and rural development in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries. Publications, events, services, announcements and email newsletters. [English, French]
United States Freshwater Prawn and Shrimp Growers Association
- Provides information on the raising of prawn and shrimp, and also extension and business details, and recipes.
USDA Agricultural Research Service: Animal and Natural Resources Institute
- Undertakes research into agricultural problems of high national priority and encourages the development of technology transfer programs.
- European network composed of companies, research units and training organisations aiming to help its members set up research projects to develop new food products. In English and French.
XSGrowth: Plant Health Clinic
- Non-profit organization aiming to encourage the provision of comprehensive diagnostic and advisory services for plant health around the world.
Young Professionals Platform for Agricultural Research for Development (YPARD)
- Serves as a medium for Young Professionals (YPs) in Agricultural Research for Development (ARD) to voice their views, exchange perspectives and work towards a more dynamic ARD.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 UTC -