become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vegetables/Cucurbits
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Horticulture: Vegetables: Cucurbits
Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Cucurbitaceae
A Brief History of Cucumbers
- Brief account of the cultivated plant and its introduction to the Americas.
Assured Produce Protocol for Courgettes, Marrows, Squashes and Pumpkins
- Producing crops in accordance with these standards allows growers to sell produce to any supermarket or processor in the UK. Information on site selection, site management, variety selection, nutrition, irrigation, crop protection, harvesting and storage. [PDF]
Assured Produce Protocol for Cucumbers
- Adopting this protocol will enable producers to sell cucumbers to any supermarket in the UK. Information on site selection, site management, variety selection, nutrition, irrigation, crop protection, harvesting and storage. [PDF]
- Factsheet providing information on this plant, Momordica chanrantia, a member of the squash family, the market for it and its cultivation.
Cantaloupe and Specialty Melons
- Information on commercial production of this crop, the plant’s characteristics, propagation, cultural practices, insect pests, diseases and harvesting.
Crop Profile for Summer and Winter Squash
- Production information on squashes grown in New Jersey, the cultural practices used there, and information on insect pests, diseases and weeds and how to control them. [PDF]
Crop Profile for Watermelon
- General production information on this crop in Delaware, cultural practices, insect pests, diseases, nematodes, weeds and their control. [PDF]
Cucumber: Cucumis sativus
- Information on this crop, its biology and morphology, ecology, distribution in the former USSR, utilization and economic value.
Cucurbits: Cucumber, Melon, Pumpkin, Squash and Watermelon
- Recommended varieties, planting methods, fertility, harvesting and information on pests and their control.
Economic Aspects of Melons in Sicily
- Paper given at the World Congress on Horticultural Research concerning the economics of growing this crop in Sicily.
New Plants for Florida: Tropical Pumpkin
- Information on the achievements made by scientists at the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station resulting in the development of compact plants and the improvement of fruit quality.
New Plants for Florida: Watermelon
- Information on the achievements made by scientists at the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station resulting in the development of disease-resistant varieties and the improvement of fruit quality.
Pumpkin, Commercial Vegetable Production Guides
- Guide to production in the Pacific Northwest, with information on varieties, fertilizer applications, harvesting, handling, storage, pest control, and other cultural practices.
Weed Control in Cucurbit Crops
- Information on the mechanical and chemical means of managing weeds in muskmelon, cucumber, squash and watermelon.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, January 6, 2012 10:48:03 PM EST -