become an editor
the entire directory
only in Horticulture/Vegetables
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Horticulture: Vegetables
Pests and Diseases
Soils and Nutrition
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Horticulture: Vegetables
Business: Food and Related Products: Produce
Home: Gardening: Plants: Vegetables
Science: Agriculture: Field Crops
Shopping: Food: Produce: Vegetables
Shopping: Home and Garden: Plants: Vegetables
AVRDC: The World Vegetable Center
- International organization that aims to increase production and consumption of vegetables in tropical developing countries. Focus is on seed distribution, new technologies, crops and training.
- Factsheet on the cultivation of this crop with special reference to North Carolina.
Commercial Vegetable Production
- Information on cultural practices, economics, irrigation, nutrition and fertilizers, pest management, post-harvest procedures and marketing.
Commodity Growing Guides: Leeks
- Factsheet from the NSW Department of Primary Industries including climate, soil, fertiliser, planting, weed control, irrigation and harvesting.
Commodity Growing Guides: Sweet Corn
- Illustrated factsheet from the NSW Department of Primary Industries including information on the fresh and processing industry, cultivars, general cultivation, integrated pest management and harvesting.
- Homepage for Cornell University. This is the gateway to an extensive resource backup for the commercial vegetable grower.
Fertilization of Vegetables on Organic Soils in Florida
- Results of various studies on the response to the use of fertililizers in sweet corn, celery, romaine, escarole, endive and radish.
Growers IPM Guide for Florida Tomato and Pepper Production
- Discussion of the general principles involved in managing these crops.
Heritage Seed Library
- Lists and conserves vegetable varieties that have been dropped from popular seed catalogues as well as varieties that have never been in a catalogue. Maintained by Garden Organic in the UK.
Integrated Crop and Pest Management Guidelines - Cornell University
- Detailed notes on vegetable production with the emphasis on integrated crop management techniques. Click on "Index" to view main contents page.
- Factsheet on this crop, its history, uses, varieties and cultivation.
- Factsheet on this crop, with market information, culture details, harvesting and post-harvest practices.
Microclimate Modification with Plasticulture
- Information on extending the growing season for vegetable crops by using plastic mulches, mini-tunnels and floating row covers, with the benefits and disadvantages of each.
- Factsheet on this root crop, with market information, culture details and post-harvest handling.
Plant Petiole Sap-testing For Vegetable Crops
- Information on this process designed to optimise fertilizer use, especially for drip-irrigated vegetables.
- A family business in Berkeley County, WV, growing specialty organic vegetables. It received its organic certification in 2002 and provides an internship program and on-farm research
Salsify, Oyster Plant
- Fact sheet with information on this crop, grown for its roots, its uses, culture, propagation and harvest.
Spinach Production in California
- Information on growing this crop, its harvesting, handling and marketing. [PDF]
- Information on growing this leafy vegetable, its market, uses, cultivation and post-harvest handling.
Vegetable Research & Information Center - University of California
- Information on the cultivation, production and harvesting of vegetables in California for farmers and home gardeners. Biotechnology, composting, fertilizers, irrigation and postharvest techniques also included.
Vegetable and Fruit Improvement Center
- Part of the Horticultural Department of Texas A&M University set up to develop vegetable and fruit research programs. Explains the aims behind the research and the programs taking place to educate people about the health benefits of eating fruit and vegetables.
Vegetable Crops - The Ohio State University
- Information on cultural details of growing vegetables for the commercial and home gardener. Also covers pest and disease control.
Vegetable Crops - University of Florida
- Information on commercial vegetable production, vegetable gardening and aspects of the vegetable industry.
Vegetable Initiative Research - University of Tennessee
- Experimental Station which has launched a Vegetable Initiative whose goal is to assist and encourage vegetable producers in Tennessee.
Vegetable Program - University of Saskatchewan
- Provide commercial and hobby producers of Saskatchewan with up to date, locally relevant, production, handling, and marketing information.
Vegetable Statistics - US Department of Agriculture
- Data from the National Agricultural Statistics Service on fresh market vegetables, strawberries and melons including area harvested, yield and production, by season and by crop from the larger states.
Vegetables - Government of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Grower guides for a wide range of vegetable crops.
Vegetables - New South Wales Agriculture
- Features pest and diseases, soil management, irrigation and growing guides.
Vegetables - Ontario, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- All aspects of vegetable production are covered including factsheets, newsletters, crop updates, pest and disease control and statistics.
Vegetables - The University of Arizona
- Research-based, desert crop production information on all aspects of vegetable growing including management, pests and diseases, irrigation and economics.
Vegetables: Farmer's Bookshelf
- Fact sheets from the University of Hawaii at Manoa on growing various crops, including tropical crops, in Hawaii.
- Information on cultivation practices for different vegetable crops, mechanical control and the use of herbicides. [PDF]
World Carrot Museum
- History, nutrition, cultivation, recipes, trivia and interesting facts of this important vegetable.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 15:15:10 UTC -