become an editor
the entire directory
only in Turfgrass/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Horticulture: Turfgrass: Pest Management
Science: Biology: Botany: Plant Pathology
IPM Alabama: Turf
- Auburn University Cooperative Extension Service discusses imported fire ants, Japanese beetles, fall armyworms, mole crickets, sod webworms, brown patch, dollarspot, take-all root rot, and fairy ring of warm season turfgrasses.
Making Peace with Geese
- Urban goose populations are growing, and there's no ducking the issues large flocks raise. The problem affects backyards, public parks, and golf courses according to David L. Sperling writing in the Wisconsin Natural Resources magazine.
Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA)
- Information to help with pest and pesticide problems, including safety to children, workers, and wildlife.
Southern Chinch Bug Management on St. Augustinegrass
- Blissus insularis is a damaging insect pest of this grass in Florida. This article explains the insect’s biology, detection and cultural, biological and chemical means of control.
- Photographs of grasses affected by a number of fungal diseases and information on fungicides from Bayer Environmental Science.
- Photographs of several pests that may attack grassland and information on control products from Bayer Environmental Science.
Turfgrass Disease Information Notes
- Provides information on a number of diseases that can affect lawns and turf.
University of California Pest Management Guidelines: Turfgrass
- Articles and photos of weeds, diseases, insects, mites, and nematodes. Statewide Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Project.
White Grub Biology and Management
- White grubs are the larvae of scarab beetles and eat grass roots. This article explains the signs of infestation, their life cycle and how they can be controlled.
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 10:24:03 UTC -