become an editor
the entire directory
only in Horticulture/Turfgrass
Chats and Forums
Colleges and Schools
Laboratories and Consultants
Golf Course and Sports Turf
Pests and Diseases
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Horticulture: Turfgrass
Home: Gardening: Landscaping: Lawns
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Liliopsida: Poaceae
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Plant: Monocots
- Texas A&M University combined horticulture information resources including teaching, extension, and research. Search the site with the PLANTanswer Machine.
Clemson University Turfgrass Program
- Turfgrass research site for turf professionals and homeowners. Information on and links to, all aspects of turfgrass management and production.
- Warm-season turfgrass knowledge base, including bermudagrass for golf courses, St. Augustine grass for home lawns, zoysia, and bahia.
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, University of Florida
- Water quality and turf nutrition, improved cultivars of turfgrass, and pest management (weeds, insects, diseases, nematodes) have been the main emphases since this urban Center opened in 1961. Located in the Town of Davie.
Georgia Turf - University of Georgia
- Includes cultural practices, weed management and identification. Links to industry websites and to other university turf sites.
National Turfgrass Evaluation Program
- NTEP national test results of cultivars (varieties) of Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, creeping bentgrass, bermudagrass, buffalograss, St. Augustinegrass, and zoysiagrass.
Ohio State University PlantFacts
- Exhaustive search engine covering academic web sites on horticulture and gardening, including turfgrasses, perennial and annual herbaceous plants, and woody plants. Plant problems can be solved by amateurs and professionals.
Overseeding Florida Lawns for Winter Color
- Temporary, cool-season grass can be seeded into a permanent lawn that will otherwise brown in winter. Information on which grasses to use and the processes involved.
Oz Tuff - The Great AUSSIE All-rounder
- Oz Tuff Turf Australia. NSW, QLD, VIC Aussie grown oz tuff turf - drought tolerant, low nutritional needs turf.
Purdue Turfgrass Program
- University courses, Turf Tips, publications, and other information on biological control, managing lawns, and turf events.
Purdue University: Ask Our Experts
- Plant and Pest Diagnostic Laboratory, West Lafayette, Indiana. Canada geese, moles, fairy rings, crab grass, creeping Charlie, in zoysiagrass, overseeded grass.
Putting Green Rootzone Soil Mixtures
- Articles on permeability, drainage, and United States Golf Association Specification for Greens, by the Tifton Soil Laboratory, Tifton, Georgia.
Selecting a Turfgrass for Florida Lawns
- Information on the factors to be considered when choosing grasses.
Turf Program at the University of Massachusetts
- Education and workshops, management tips, turf publications, diagnostic services, and links to other useful turfgrass sites.
- Photographs of weeds commonly found in grassland and information on control products from Bayer Environmental Science.
- North Carolina State University fact sheets on turf variety selection, diseases, insects, weeds, soils, and water. Covers lawns, golf courses, and athletic fields.
Turfgrass Information File
- Subscriber site for this Michigan State University service includes a collection of educational materials for students and professionals.
The UC Guide to Healthy Lawns
- Introduces the grass species used for turf in California.
University of Florida - Fort Lauderdale Campus
- Turfgrass, urban entomology, aquatic plant management and environmental horticulture. Urban center addresses special problems of soil, water, pest management, and new varieties. Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, IFAS (Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences).
University of Illinois Turfgrass Program
- Research, teaching, and extension on turfgrass management at UIUC (U of I Urbana Champaign) including turf research reports, courses taught, and faculty summaries. Also hosts the Illinois Turfgrass Foundation.
- Provides an online source for weed control options for turf professionals including local weed alerts for different regions of the US.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2016 at 6:24:07 UTC -