become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fruits/Pear
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Horticulture: Fruits: Pear
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Rosaceae: Pyrus
- These fruit are crisp in texture and good to eat as soon as harvested. This factsheet provides information on the market, cultivation, types, varieties and harvesting.
Crop Profiles for Pears in New England
- General production information on this crop, the cultural practices involved, insect pests, diseases, nematodes and their control by biological, cultural and chemical means. [PDF]
- Article from Wikipedia on this fruit with information on its origins, cultivation and the main cultivars.
Fabraea Leaf Spot of Pear
- Information on this condition which can affect foliage and fruit, the symptoms, disease cycle, monitoring, management and chemical control.
Fire Blight of Pear, Erwinia amylovora
- Information from West Virginia University on this serious condition, monitoring the trees and possible control methods.
Growing Pear Trees
- Instructions on choosing and growing these fruit trees in the garden, with information on rootstocks, varieties, pollination, pruning and care.
Pear Midge and Leaf Blister Mite
- Information on Contarinia pyrivora and Eriophyes pyri which are two very common pests of pear trees, including typical symptoms, the life cycle of the pest and prevention and control measures.
Pear Scab, Venturia pirina
- Fact sheet from West Virginia University on this economically important disease, the symptoms, disease cycle, monitoring, management and control.
- Information on site selection for this crop, soil preparation, varieties of Asian pears and advice on selecting rootstocks. [PDF]
Victorian Pear Tree Cultivation
- Excerpt from the 'Dictionary of Daily Wants' (1858) on the culture of pears, including instructions on grafting, budding, cultivation and storage.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:06:29 AM EDT -