become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nuts/Pecan
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Juglandaceae: Carya: Carya illinoinensis
Establishing a Pecan Orchard
- Includes information on soil and site characteristics, land preparation, orchard design, planting, irrigating and fertilizing young trees and weed control.
Insect Management in Pecans
- Information on the timing, coverage and rate of use of sprays to control pests in this crop.
- Provides an overview of the pecan tree, and information on the pests and diseases that affect it and the cover crops and chemicals to use.
Pecan Pest Management: Insects and Diseases
- Photographs and information on the problems that may be encountered in growing this crop, and possible control methods.
Pecan Production: Establishing an Orchard
- Factsheet from the Mississippi State University Extension. [PDF]
Sustainable Pecan Production
- Information on the pecan, Carya illinoinensis, its cultivation including sustainable and organic production methods, its pests and diseases and a list of the cultivars resistant to pecan scab.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 6, 2012 at 22:52:31 UTC -