become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fruits/Nuts
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Horticulture: Fruits: Nuts
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Lecythidaceae: Bertholletia
Areca catechu: Betel Nut Palm
- Information on growing this crop which is cultivated in East Africa, South Asia and the Pacific Islands. [PDF]
Australia’s Most Delicious Bush Nut: Macademia Nuts
- Information on these nuts, their history, distribution, cultivation, nutritional benefits and uses.
The Brazil Nut Industry: Past, Present and Future
- Article by Scott A. Mori on Bertholletia excelsa, its natural history, the harvesting of the nuts from the Amazonian forests and the problems of plantation cultivation.
- The Brazil Nut Project, initiated by the Amazon Conservation Association, aims to integrate field research with better management policies so as to increase the viability of Brazil nuts as a forest crop.
Crop Profile for Pistachios in California
- General production information on this crop, the insect pests and diseases that affect it and their cultural, biological and chemical controls, and weed control. [PDF]
Crop Profile for Walnuts in California
- General production information on this crop, the cultural practices involved, insect pests, diseases, nematodes and their control by biological, cultural and chemical means. [PDF]
Hazelnuts: Current Production Research
- Information from the Oregon Hazelnut Marketing Board on their research including their hazelnut breeding program, the micro-propagation of hazelnuts, pest management strategies and foliar fertilizers.
Macademia Nut Grower Fact Sheet
- Information on all aspects of cultivating this crop, with special reference to New Zealand.
Nut Tree Growing in Kentucky
- Information on planting, fertilizing and pruning these trees, protection from pests, diseases, harvesting, storing and cracking the nuts. The information on cultivars is particularly relevant to Kentucky.
- Information on several different types of nut tree suitable for growing in Ontario.
Nuts with Commercial Potential for America's Heartland
- Information on site requirements and suitable cultivars for the cultivation of filberts, chestnuts and walnuts.
Off-Site Resource on Nuts and Fruit
- Links to resources on nut tree growing and nut tree cultivars.
Organic Farming in the Tropics and Subtropics: Macadamia Nuts
- Covers all aspects of plant cultivation, biological methods of plant protection, harvesting and post-harvest treatment. [PDF]
Organic Farming in the Tropics and Subtropics: Wild Collection of Brazil Nuts
- Covers Brazil nut production, harvesting, storing, processing and packing. [PDF]
Restoring the American Chestnut Tree
- Information on the breeding of chestnut trees resistant to chestnut blight by the process of back crossing. [PDF]
Start a Nut Orchard
- Information from the Society of Ontario Nut Growers on all aspects of establishing and caring for nut trees.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 11, 2013 at 6:15:33 UTC -