become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fruits/Banana
Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Liliopsida: Musaceae: Musa: Musa paradisiaca
- Describes the origin, growth, cultivars, cultivation, and uses of the eating banana. From 'Fruits of Warm Climates'.
- Information from Wikipedia on this fruit, including its description, world trade, cultivation, pests and diseases and importance as a food for local consumption.
- Factsheet on the cultivation of this crop with special reference to California.
Banana Bioversity International
- This organization works to increase productivity of banana and plantain grown on smallholdings for domestic consumption and for local and export markets. Includes 3 Musa databases, publication list, information on Musa agronomy, botany and uses.
- Details of campaigns, lobbies, and researches on social and environmental issues concerned with the growing of bananas. Extensive links collection.
- Homepage of the International Banana Society. Provides a wiki, gallery and extensive forums for members from around the world to discuss growing bananas, banana economics and banana cultivars.
Crop Profile for Plantain and Banana in Puerto Rico
- General production information on these crops, the cultural practices involved in growing them, and specific directions for controlling the insect pests, diseases, nematodes and weeds that affect them. [PDF]
Musa as Famine Foods
- Lists some of the food use of less familiar members of the Musaceae eaten only in extreme circumstances.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 8:54:15 UTC -