become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fruits/Apple
Business: Food and Related Products: Produce: Fruits: Apples
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Rosaceae: Malus
- Instructions on choosing and growing these fruit trees with information on rootstocks, varieties, pollination, pruning and care.
Apple-Crop E-mail Discussion Group
- Free electronic mail discussion group for pomologists. Includes archives.
Apples, Pears and Other Pome Fruit
- Information on these fruit including fertilizers, rootstocks, varieties, crab apples as pollinators, cider apples, and the pests, diseases and other disorders that affect them.
Cork Spot and Bitter Pit of Apples
- Provides information on these physiological disorders that can affect apple quality and reduce visual appeal.
Crop Profiles for Apples in New England
- General production information on this crop, the cultural practices involved in growing apples and specific directions for controlling the insect pests, diseases, nematodes and weeds that affect them. [PDF]
- An academic resource about apples and growing them in Devon, recording the many apple varieties of the region, a part of Devon's heritage.
- Various information on this fruit crop including pruning, fireblight, controlling maggots, non-bearing trees, animal damage and storage.
Growing Apples in the Home Orchard
- Article outlining what cultivars to choose, the size of trees, choosing a site, planting, pruning, fertilization and pest control.
- Chronicle of growing local food on a small Iowa family farm with a 500-tree semi-dwarf apple orchard, blueberry, and asparagus crops produce perennially.
- Information on the apple tree, its biology and morphology, distribution in the former USSR, ecology, utilization and economic value.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits
- This Canadian agricultural biotechnology company is developing new commercial tree fruit varieties, including a non-browning apple that should be of interest to the fresh-cut market.
- About the science, production, and health benefits of apples.
Pruning Mature Apples and Pears
- Article on how and when to prune these fruit trees.
- Extension and research for the commercial tree fruit grower in Vermont and beyond.
Zinc Deficiency in Apples
- Information on the causes of this condition, the symptoms, prevention and treatment. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2015 at 1:38:22 UTC -