become an editor
the entire directory
only in Horticulture/Fruits
Currants and Gooseberries
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Horticulture: Fruit and Nuts
Business: Food and Related Products: Produce: Fruits
Home: Gardening: Plants: Fruit
Science: Agriculture: Field Crops
Shopping: Food: Produce: Fruit
Shopping: Home and Garden: Plants: Fruit
This category in other languages:
- Provides photographs and a description of the coconut mite, with information on its distribution, life history, ecology, hosts, damage, economic importance and management.
- News, information, links and chat for avocado growers in many of the leading growing nations.
The Breadfruit Institute
- Project of the National Tropical Botanical Garden in Hawaii. Includes uses, research, varieties, mission, and resources
Cornell University Fruit Resources
- Features information for scientists, gardeners, and commercial growers, including fact sheets and programs.
The Cranberry Institute
- Conducts research into the crop. Includes brief details of recent work and findings.
Crop Profile for Persimmons in California
- General production information on this crop, cultural practices, insect pests, diseases, nematodes, weeds and their control. [PDF]
Crop Profile for Pineapples in Hawaii
- General production information on this crop, the cultural practices involved, insect pests, diseases, nematodes, weeds and their control. [PDF]
Date Palm Cultivation
- Information from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) on all aspects of date production.
- Provides information on the dragon fruit cactus plant, also known as pitaya or pitahaya, its history, pollination, cultivation, its nutritional value and how to eat the fruit.
European Collection of Minor Fruit Trees
- European Union project collects varieties of minor fruits cultivated around the Mediterranean. Holdings include cornelian cherry, figs, loquat, medlar, pomegranate, sorbus, strawberry tree. Description of project, database of holdings, descriptions and photographs of plants.
- Fact sheets for about twenty little known fruits that can be grown in California with a description of each, its culture and a list of suitable cultivars.
Fruit Production for the Home Gardener
- An online resource for people who wish to produce fruit on a small scale. From Pennsylvania State University.
Fruit Tree Propagation
- Article from Wikipedia on both bud grafting and whip and tongue grafting, and suitable rootstocks to use for apples, pears, cherries and plums.
Fruits of Warm Climates
- Detailed descriptions of the fruits that grow in warmer and tropical climates. An online book.
- Plenty of information on this crop with instructions on planting and growing, pruning and problems.
- Information on preparing the land and establishing this crop, tending the fields and harvesting.
- Information on soil preparation, planting this crop, care over the years, forcing, harvesting and the varieties available.
How Cranberries Grow
- Article following the cultivation of these fruit in the bogs of Massachusetts throughout the year.
Integrated Pest and Disease Management for Australian Summerfruit
- This downloadable manual provides information on the practical options available for controlling pests and diseases in orchards.
International Symposium on Tropical and Subtropical Fruits
- Online scientific papers concerning fruit and fruit cultivation.
- Information on this tree, its description, culture and cultivars.
Juneberry or Saskatoon Serviceberry
- Information on this fruit, its cultivation, pruning, cultivars, diseases and uses as a garden or commercial crop. [PDF]
Kiwifruit: Actinidia deliciosa
- Information on the origins of this fruit, its climatic requirements, varieties, general cultivation and uses.
Knoll Acre Blueberries
- Provides information on a project to establish a small commercial, sustainable, organic blueberry operation in Virginia, USA.
- Information on history, science, folklore, culture. Also photos and nutritional uses.
New Plants for Florida: Tropical Fruit
- Information on the achievements made by scientists at the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station resulting in the development of disease-resistant varieties and the improvement of fruit quality.
Pacific Northwest Plant Disease Management Handbook
- Guide to the control and management tactics for the more important plant diseases in the Pacific Northwest.
Papaya: High Tech Tactics Enhance a Tropical Fruit
- Researchers in Hawaii are using micropropogation techniques and genetic studies to ensure that only productive plants are grown. [PDF]
Pawpaw Planting Guide
- Information on the climate and site requirements, propagation and cultivation of the native American pawpaw, Asimina triloba.
Penn State Fruit Research and Extension Center
- Includes production guides and newsletters.
Pennsylvania Tree Fruit Production Guide
- Online information on diseases, pests, natural enemies, chemical management, integrated pest management, harvest and postharvest handling, cider production and farm management, establishing an orchard, choosing a tree fruit nursery, caring for nonbearing trees, and maintaining bearing orchards.
Persimmon Fact Sheet
- Tips on growing this crop.
Pineapple: Ananas comosus
- Much information on this crop, its origins and distribution, varieties, culture, harvesting, storing and uses for food and other purposes.
Pomegranate: Punica granatum
- Information on growing this small tree with details of its cultivation, pests and diseases and uses.
- Discusses several ways to increase fruit stocks including taking cuttings, layering, grafting and budding and the all important selection of rootstocks.
Pruning and Training
- Information on techniques to help maximize production from the orchard, including how to deal with abandoned or neglected trees.
Quest for Quince
- The quince is a less-known relative of pears and apples. Researchers at the National Clonal Germplasm Repository are seeking further cultivars to include in their collection of genetic material. [PDF]
- Information on cultivation of the common quince, Cydonia oblonga, including the necessary climate, soils, site, propagation, establishment of orchards and the varieties available.
Rutgers Blueberry and Cranberry Research and Extension Center
- Includes information on the history of these crops, cultivation methods and techniques.
- Description of this tree with edible fruit and much information on its origins, distribution, cultivation and uses.
- Detailed account of Tamarindus indica, including its origin, cultivation, uses.
- Listing of publications available from Australia's NSW Department of Agriculture. Some of the publications, whose topics range from bananas and passionfruit to orchard groundcovers, are free for download, others for sale.
U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
- Promoting highbush blueberry growing. Information on the plant, growth, and the product.
Upper Canada Cranberries
- Provides a history of the cranberry in North America and an illustrated account of how cranberries are being cultivated commercially in Eastern Ontario.
Virginia Fruit Page
- Fact sheets on the cultivation of various fruit crops.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 15:15:03 UTC -