become an editor
the entire directory
only in Edible_Fungi/Shiitake_Mushrooms
Cultivating Shiitake Mushrooms through Forest Farming
- Article outlining how forest landowners have an opportunity to utilize low-grade and small diameter trees thinned from their woodlots for the production of mushrooms.
Growing Shiitake Mushrooms in an Agroforestry Practice
- Well illustrated account of the processes involved in Shiitake production from the University of Missouri Center for Agroforestry. [PDF]
Marketing: The Key to a Successful Shiitake Mushroom Business
- Discussion of this most important part of mushroom production, including distribution, packaging, pricing and promotion, all of which are crucial to a successful outcome. [PDF]
Production and Use of Shiitake Mushrooms and Other Speciality Crops
- Describes a research project aimed at evaluating the growth potential of different strains of mushroom and the use of various growing mediums, as well as the use of spent logs after composting.
- The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter provides an introduction to growing shiitake.
Shiitake Production on Logs
- A pictorial guide from the University of Kentucky cooperative extension. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 11, 2013 at 21:04:49 UTC -