the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Horticulture
Propagation and Nursery Practice
Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Horticulture
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Agroforestry
This category in other languages:
The American Society for Horticultural Science
- Promotes and encourages scientific research and education in horticulture within the United States and throughout the world. Publisher of HortScience, HortTechnology, and the Journal of ASHS.
The Center for Urban Horticulture
- Conducts research, teaching, and public service on the selection, management and role of plants and ecosystems in the urban environment. At College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle.
Comprehensive Listing of Alternate and Botanical Names for Horticultural Crops - Sydney Postharvest Laboratory
- Searchable by common names, alternate names and botanical names.
- Database interface that identifies suitable plants for a specified environment, for a defined use, or for a defined description.
Henry Doubleday Research Association.
- The HDRA researches and promotes organic gardening in the UK.
- Contains information about aspects of engineering, including glasshouse construction and energy conservation, from Rutgers University.
The Horticultural Taxonomy Group
- Gives the history of HORTAX, an association of taxonomists and horticulturists interested in the classification and nomenclature of cultivated plants, member information and links to the archives of HORTAX News.
- Information about the horticultural technology with links to the Journal of Applied Horticulture, and horticultural societies.
Institute Economics in Horticulture
- German research institute based at Hanover University. Site in German and English.
Institute of Vegetables and Ornamental Crops
- The Institute carries out basic and applied research supporting the sustainable production of vegetable and ornamental plants and the rational use of natural resources.
International Society for Horticultural Science
- Includes general and specific scientific information, links to journals, events calendar.
Mid-Atlantic Horticulture Short Course
- Annual event sponsored by the Virginia Horticultural Foundation, with programs for professionals as well as home gardeners. Overview of workshops and speakers.
NC State Horticulture
- Teaching, research, and outreach in horticulture, including basic biology, ecology, production and use of horticultural products.
NSW Department of Primary Industries: Horticulture
- Australian government agency provides information on home and commercial horticulture of fruit, vegetable, and ornamental crops, with an extensive list of articles on many topics.
- Carries out a wide range of efficacy and residue work on horticultural crops throughout the North Island of New Zealand, and offer off-season research for Northern Hemisphere companies.
- Information on quality gardening and landscaping practice, especially with regard to pruning of shrubs and trees.
- Searchable database of ornamental and fruit crops, offering photos and characteristics of a large number of plants traded in the Netherlands. English/Dutch/German.
Sydney Postharvest Laboratory
- Serving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry, for matters including evaluation of postharvest technologies, storage and handling software, assistance with commercialization, patents, expert testimony, and cargo loss. Located in Sydney, Australia.
Technical Manual on Small-Scale Processing of Fruits and Vegetables
- Examines the socioeconomic benefits and effects on rural development of small agroindustrial enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean. Used as a guide for the activities that the United Nations FAO carries out in these areas.
Traditional Pacific Island Crops
- AgNIC guide to web resources. Includes information on cultivation, marketing, harvest, nutrition, recipes, and trade associations
Yosef Mizrahi's Homepage.
- Biological and horticultural aspects of wild and rare fruit and nut trees of warm climates. Biology of cacti. Abnormally-ripening-fruit mutants.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2016 at 6:24:08 UTC -