become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agriculture/History
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Economic History
Society: History: By Topic: Science
Society: History: By Topic: Social History
This category in other languages:
Agricultural History Society
- This society aims to promote interest in, and the study of, the history of agriculture. Provides information on membership, the journal, meetings and awards.
Agriculture and Horticulture in Ancient Egypt
- Article describing agricultural practices of the ancient Egyptians including irrigation, ploughing and planting, harvesting, the crops grown, gardens, vegetables, orchards and vineyards.
- A Science Center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with a historical approach on a worldwide scale. Website has virtual exhibitions on the history of food and agriculture, farmers of the world, and the "Banquet de l'Humanité" (the dining table of the world).
- Virtual museum of the agricultural industry, concentrating on tractors and other farm machinery.
ARS Timeline: 138 Years of Ag Research
- A brief history of agricultural research from 1862 to the present, organized by decade. Highlights of research carried out in the U.S. Department of Agriculture are featured.
British Agricultural History Society
- Promotes the study of agricultural history and the history of the rural economy and society. Organization information, upcoming conferences, and links to related websites.
History of Farming
- Illustrated overview of the origins and development of agriculture, with bibiliography, notes from early cultures, and pictures of early farm implements and tractors.
History of Farming and Cities
- Links to pages which give research on the development of farming and cities by culture.
Module Truck Systems Inc.
- History and pictures of cotton modules and cotton module trucks. (Lubbock, Texas, USA)
The Potato Then and Now: History
- The history of potato cultivation and its role in society, including the Irish potato famine. Particular focus on Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Seeds of Trade
- Introduction to the history of cultivation and spread of some common crops.
- Features published original sources for 19th and early 20th century rural culture, farming methods, and gardening skills.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 12:15:10 UTC -