become an editor
the entire directory
only in Forestry/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Acute Oak Decline
Dendroctonus - Pine Bark Beetles
Oak Processionary Moth
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Botany: Plant Pathology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Arthropoda: Entomology
Asian Longhorned Beetle
- Brief account of the introduction of this Chinese insect into North America, and with a list of the affected species.
Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle
- Brief account of this pest of spruce trees, its growth, and means of control.
Bugwood Network, The University of Georgia
- Extensive resource on forest insects and related topics.
Deciduous Trees Diagnostics
- Provided by the University of Minnesota Extension Service. Mainly designed for plant disease problems in yards and gardens, it is based on visual observations of symptoms.
Dutch Elm Disease
- Provides information on this disease caused by Ophiostoma ulmi, its host plants, symptoms and recommendations.
Emerald Ash Borer
- News and information about the tree pest, including tree treatment options, removal and replacement.
Focus on Woody Plant Diseases
- Information by host plant on diseases and damages affecting trees and perennial flowers from the University of Illinois Extension.
Forest and Shade Tree Pathology
- Online textbook, news and upcoming meetings of forest pathology.
- Quality photographs of forest insects and disease organisms. Contains image search or browse by categories.
- Company providing bark beetle control systems and researching insect aggregation pheromones.
- A short account of this caterpillar pest of maples, oaks and elms.
Gypsy Moth in North America
- Extensive information on the biology, impact, distribution and management of this exotic insect in North America.
Identifying and Controlling the Southern Pine Bark Beetles
- Factsheet from the Mississippi State University Extension. [PDF]
Invasive and Exotic Species of North America
- Provides extensive information on all kinds of invasive species in North America.
Kelly Research and Outreach Lab: Sudden Oak Death
- Provides information on the research and monitoring activilties of this group at the University of California, Berkeley.
Key to the Forest Insect Pests of Papua New Guinea
- Allows the identification of the most important forest insect pests of Papua New Guinea and includes descriptions of insect signs, preventive measures, bibliographic references and a comprehensive glossary of terms
- Information on this disease caused by the fungus Ceratocystis fagacearum, its hosts, symptoms and recommendations for control.
- Provides information on these abnormal growths caused by insects and recommendations on control.
- Provides information showing how the Sasi predator beetle is an effective biological control method against the hemlock woolly adelgid.
Sedelmeier Forestry Research Fund
- Provides funding for critical research into the causes, control, prevention, and the eventual elimination of some of the diseases that affect the trees of our forests.
- The Eastern tent caterpillar affects black cherry trees and other fruit and shade trees. The forest tent caterpillar infests hardwood trees such as sugar maple and oak.
University of California Cooperative Extension: Sudden Oak Death Facts
- Provides practical information on this disease including distribution, symptoms, prevention, quarantines and look-alike diseases.
USDA: Forest Health Protection
- Technical publications that address specific tree pests and diseases, including identification and control.
- Research on aspects of fungal wilt diseases in trees.
Sudden Oak Death
- Provides information on research undertaken at UC Berkeley into this disease which concluded that the pathogen responsible was evolving. (April 16, 2008)
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 8:54:07 UTC -