become an editor
the entire directory
only in Forestry/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Acute Oak Decline
Dendroctonus - Pine Bark Beetles
Oak Processionary Moth
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Botany: Plant Pathology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Arthropoda: Entomology
Asian Longhorned Beetle
- Brief account of the introduction of this Chinese insect into North America, and with a list of the affected species.
Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle
- Brief account of this pest of spruce trees, its growth, and means of control.
Bugwood Network, The University of Georgia
- Extensive resource on forest insects and related topics.
Deciduous Trees Diagnostics
- Provided by the University of Minnesota Extension Service. Mainly designed for plant disease problems in yards and gardens, it is based on visual observations of symptoms.
Dutch Elm Disease
- Provides information on this disease caused by Ophiostoma ulmi, its host plants, symptoms and recommendations.
Emerald Ash Borer
- News and information about the tree pest, including tree treatment options, removal and replacement.
Focus on Woody Plant Diseases
- Information by host plant on diseases and damages affecting trees and perennial flowers from the University of Illinois Extension.
Forest and Shade Tree Pathology
- Online textbook, news and upcoming meetings of forest pathology.
- Quality photographs of forest insects and disease organisms. Contains image search or browse by categories.
- Company providing bark beetle control systems and researching insect aggregation pheromones.
- A short account of this caterpillar pest of maples, oaks and elms.
Gypsy Moth in North America
- Extensive information on the biology, impact, distribution and management of this exotic insect in North America.
Identifying and Controlling the Southern Pine Bark Beetles
- Factsheet from the Mississippi State University Extension. [PDF]
Invasive and Exotic Species of North America
- Provides extensive information on all kinds of invasive species in North America.
Kelly Research and Outreach Lab: Sudden Oak Death
- Provides information on the research and monitoring activilties of this group at the University of California, Berkeley.
Key to the Forest Insect Pests of Papua New Guinea
- Allows the identification of the most important forest insect pests of Papua New Guinea and includes descriptions of insect signs, preventive measures, bibliographic references and a comprehensive glossary of terms
- Information on this disease caused by the fungus Ceratocystis fagacearum, its hosts, symptoms and recommendations for control.
- Provides information on these abnormal growths caused by insects and recommendations on control.
- Provides information showing how the Sasi predator beetle is an effective biological control method against the hemlock woolly adelgid.
Sedelmeier Forestry Research Fund
- Provides funding for critical research into the causes, control, prevention, and the eventual elimination of some of the diseases that affect the trees of our forests.
- The Eastern tent caterpillar affects black cherry trees and other fruit and shade trees. The forest tent caterpillar infests hardwood trees such as sugar maple and oak.
USDA: Forest Health Protection
- Technical publications that address specific tree pests and diseases, including identification and control.
- Research on aspects of fungal wilt diseases in trees.
Sudden Oak Death
- Provides information on research undertaken at UC Berkeley into this disease which concluded that the pathogen responsible was evolving. (April 16, 2008)
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2015 at 7:24:11 UTC -