become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fisheries/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Fisheries: Organizations
Business: Food and Related Products: Meat and Seafood: Seafood: Commercial Harvesting
American Fisheries Society
- Professional society for fisheries scientists. Goal is to promote the conservation, development and wise use of the fisheries.
Atlantic Salmon Federation
- The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the conservation and wise management of wild Atlantic salmon and their environment.
Caribbean Fisheries Management Council
- U.S. government unit responsible for creating management plans for fishery resources (FMPs) in waters off Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, including sharing fish stocks with other Caribbean nations.
FAO Fisheries Department
- World Food and Agriculture Organization's Major Programme on Fisheries aims to promote sustainable development of responsible fisheries and contribute to food security.
Fisheries Society of the British Isles
- Organization of professional fish biologists and fisheries managers in the British Isles and Europe.
Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute
- GCFI is a not-for-profit organization that promotes the exchange of information on the use and management of marine resources in the Gulf and Caribbean region.
The Institute of Fisheries Management
- IFM is an international organisation of people interested in the management of recreational and commercial fisheries. Site provides member services, publications, events, news listings and a fisheries jobs resource.
IOTC - Indian Ocean Tuna Commission
- Manages tuna and related species. Committee reports, statistics, organisational details.
Marine Conservation Alliance
- Promotes the sustainable use of North Pacific marine resources. Information on fisheries management topics and issues in the region.
- A private not-for-profit research and development organization dedicated to marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and coastal resource management. Based in Hawaii.
- Provides international market intelligence and a news service on freshwater and marine fisheries to subscribers.
- Private, non-profit organization whose mission is to conserve, protect and restore North America's trout and salmon fisheries and their watersheds. Includes information on fisheries management topics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:59:36 PM EST -